Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 1:40:13 AM EDT
In 2001 while deployed to Kuwait my buddy sold me his Benchmade. You push a button, blade opened. I know "switchblades" are illegal except for
Police/military. Lucky I am the 2nd of the 2:)

So, those of you that do: what knife do you have, if you mind saying how much did it cost? And where did you buy it?

In the market again, I lost her
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:49:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Benchmade has a LE/MIL program.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 5:37:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Knife laws vary by state dramatically, I'm neither and own many autos with Benchmade being my favorite side folding auto.

All reputable makers seem to have auto offerings, and like everything else, you generally will get what you pay for.

Benchmade 5000sbk is my edc this month.  I've got also got a 3550, stryker, and stryker ll.  I really like the rift auto also.  

I check the EE daily for blade deals.  Most of mine have come from there for what I would consider a great deal.  

Good condition to lnib benchmade autos can be had for <$200 almost everyday.

For OTF knives I'd look at Microtechs
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Knife laws vary but there are laws that exempt the disabled.

I have a Benchmade AFO and despite sometimes living in states with restrictions, once I showed LEO the statute and other knife related laws, usually don't bother anymore.

I suffered a hand impairment during my deployment so I can't easily open even assisted knives easily so an automatic helps.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

30% off all the time; another 30% (=51% total) off every once in a while.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:29:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.

NRALOD2015 works for those with a .mil account for 1 purchase. That wil take 30% off the regular military discount. I bought a 9555 auto rift last year.  Great little knife.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't know if it's the best but I have a Benchmade 9051 AFO II that I've carried for the past year. It's stayed pretty sharp with decent usage, the blade swings out pretty fast, and the life time warranty/ services is a plus.
http://www.benchmade.com/products/9051
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:26:01 AM EDT
[#7]
The new Kershaw USA Launch and Launch II look pretty nice for just under $100.   Kershaw GUY

The Boker Kalashnikov 74 Automatic series make pretty decent users in the $30-$40 range.     BladeHQ
They have a reliable automatic mechanism and aluminum handles with good grip. Halfway decent blade steel in a price where you are not afraid to use it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Microtech DOC Killswitch, if you can live with a manual safety.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:31:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Protech. Plenty of sizes, blade steels, and designs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:12:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#11]
MICROTECH ULTRATECH.  The standard that all OTF autos are judged by.  Special edition LEO version limited to 200.  "The thin blue line" model.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
MICROTECH ULTRATECH.  The standard that all OTF autos are judged by.
View Quote

This.  Microtech's are the best i've used.  Not cheap but you get what u pay for as they say
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Knife laws vary by state dramatically, I'm neither and own many autos with Benchmade being my favorite side folding auto.

All reputable makers seem to have auto offerings, and like everything else, you generally will get what you pay for.

Benchmade 5000sbk is my edc this month.  I've got also got a 3550, stryker, and stryker ll.  I really like the rift auto also.  

I check the EE daily for blade deals.  Most of mine have come from there for what I would consider a great deal.  

View Quote

I've got a BM530 and loved it and been eyeing the 3550 for a while now, how does it stack up?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:59:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Benchmade 9050 AFO
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:46:31 AM EDT
[#15]
For me I like the OTF Lightning from Blade HQ !!!!  30 bucks for a OTF that has not malfunctioned in the 2 yrs I owned it and if it gets lost I am not out 300 + dollars. It's a knife and it cuts like all knifes do, just keep it sharp. They also have a nice kydex neck sheath for it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:10:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've got a BM530 and loved it and been eyeing the 3550 for a while now, how does it stack up?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I edc a 3550 when I carry something lighter than my 275 adamas, which is most of the time. I basically wanted a benchmade to replace my leek. It's well made and decently fast opening. Great for just typical daily cutting like opening packages and strings ect. It's definitely not a work horse like the 275 but overall a great knife. My only complaint is the spring could be a touch stronger. It never misfires but wish it was a little more pronounced opening. Also the action got a lot smoother with age.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I love my AFO II

the only other Auto I really want is the Benchmade Adamas  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know if it's the best but I have a Benchmade 9051 AFO II that I've carried for the past year. It's stayed pretty sharp with decent usage, the blade swings out pretty fast, and the life time warranty/ services is a plus.
http://www.benchmade.com/products/9051

I love my AFO II

the only other Auto I really want is the Benchmade Adamas  

Mine was the first good knife I ever owned. I expected to regret paying as much as I did for mine but I haven't regretted it once.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Not LEO or mil, but I just purchased a Benchmade APB; it's fantastic. It's 154CM steel so nothing to get to excited about there, but the carbide glass tip is a nice touch. I also like that the controls are ambidextrous. It has a deep pocket carry clip on it, too. It's my first auto so I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I think it's a keeper. It's not tiny, though, but not as bulky as the ZT301 I used to have. That thing was a beast.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
For me I like the OTF Lightning from Blade HQ !!!!  30 bucks for a OTF that has not malfunctioned in the 2 yrs I owned it and if it gets lost I am not out 300 + dollars. It's a knife and it cuts like all knifes do, just keep it sharp. They also have a nice kydex neck sheath for it.
View Quote

Taiwan makes a good knife for the $$
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Microtech for the win.   I EDC an ultratech or a UTX-70.  
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I have almost a dozen autos.  I really like my old Microtech DA/SOCOM, but more recently, Al Mar's auto version of their SERE-2000 is really a sweet design.  It built like (probably made by) a BM AFO...almost exactly, but I really like the SERE blade design.  They have the "wow" factor, but I can deploy an Emerson twice as fast from the pocket...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#22]
The best assist mechanism ever made, in my professional opinion, was Benchmade's Nitrous assist, which for some reason they do much anymore.  It was in the 14460 Blitz, the 890 Torrent and the Stryker series of knives.  It differs from coil spring assist mechs because it uses dual titanium tortion bars as the action spings, and they can never wear out or fatigue apart.  It also means those knives have Ti liners, and the mechanism is inherently very light weight.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Severtech
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Auto's are legal in my state for anyone to own.  Even so, I'd heavily recommend a good framelock flipper over any auto opening knife.  I've not touched an auto since I got into flippers.

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top