Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2015 11:03:39 PM EDT
If I were to send this in to Spyderco would they be able to fix the blade?  Note the broken tip.  It says they can fix broken tips and chipped blades but I was wondering if anyone here has ever had a blade fixed by them before and if this particular one is fixable.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Bummer.

Have the tip reground. It won't be the same shape but it won't be chipped either.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:40:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Eminently fixable.  They'll have it done for you in minutes.

You could do it yourself with a Lansky or Wicked Edge by simply grinding a new edge until the bevel meets the tip at a new tangent...but it'll take you a while.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a PM2 that had a damaged tip, and Spyderco fixed it by grinding down the spine, keeping the same cutting edge profile - just shortened.  The repaired blade is on top of a stock PM2:

At some point in the future, I may give it the Mike Janich treatment, and it will become my dedicated <2.5" Para, for less permissive environments.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:43:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm curious to know how you damaged this edge in multiple places.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm curious to know how you damaged this edge in multiple places.
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 7:36:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Just sharpen it and move the grind back a bit. No biggy.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top