Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2015 3:57:01 AM EDT
Are there any *US made* knives that are similar to the kershaw select fire? If you haven't seen it, here http://kershaw.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/select-fire
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Short answer:  ....... No!  The thing is unique.  My suggestion?  Give the tampons back to your sister  Then buy yourself a new Leatherman, 'TREAD' bracelet, and get yourself a real knife.  (Maybe something from Emerson.)  
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:23:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Short answer:  ....... No!  The thing is unique.  My suggestion?  Give the tampons back to your sister  Then buy yourself a new Leatherman, 'TREAD' bracelet, and get yourself a real knife.  (Maybe something from Emerson.)  
View Quote

I actually love my kershaw blur.  Emerson is on the list, but I need a left hand model.

I don't want to take a bracelet off everytime I want to use a screwdriver
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:23:22 PM EDT
[#3]
There are a couple of Victorinox offerings with bit drivers and you'd probably get a lot more utility out of them. Here are a few examples (there are more):

Cybertool 29

Spirit Plus

SwissTool CS Plus

You cant go wrong with a Vic.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:38:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't need a whole multitool. At most during the day I need my knife and on average 2 or 3 bits. A coworker carries the select Fire and it's perfect. I'll probably end up with one but wanted to see what else was out there. The idea of primary knife with small multitool features is what I'm looking for.

CRKT has the CTC Picatinny tool that has a driver, but it's China made too and looks bulkier. The primary knife feature means I can use it as my EDC blade and not worry about having to pull out a brick if I need a blade.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:49:06 PM EDT
[#5]
If you need bits on a regular basis I would get one of those screwdrivers that have the shafts that switch around like the sparkies use, and a blur or something to cut with.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Emerson was a HUGE disappointment for me. At hat price point I expected the quality to be over the top. I have looked at several sense and the all leave me unimpressed.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:39:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Emerson was a HUGE disappointment for me. At hat price point I expected the quality to be over the top. I have looked at several sense and the all leave me unimpressed.
View Quote

yeah i was also let down by that, i thought when they first announced the prototype it would be awesome.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top