Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2014 9:07:39 PM EDT
I placed a order with Jasun at Jericoh Blade Works a few months back and have not been able to reach him via email in my last 4 attempts so just wondering if anyone else has had a problem contacting him or received any orders from them ?

I have 1 of his knives now and really liked it so I ordered my 2nd.

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 11:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
It's said on another forum, and I don't know if it's his policy or not, but never pay for a knife order up front. I have never dealt with Jericoh. Try another email from your end, maybe you're getting caught in a spam filter.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
He used to be on here but I haven't seen him post in a while.  I know he had some health problems a while back and slowed him way down
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 2:30:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes I actually had a phone conversation with him 2 months ago and we had discussed the health issue and I must say he sounds like a solid citizen about a month after that he replied to a email saying my knife would ship the following Monday but no more responses after that so I was concerned that something may have happened to him. I think he has a FB page so I will try to contact via phone and see if that gets any results, I posted here thinking somebody may know something that I didn't .He is a gifted knife maker IMO and really like his interpretation of specific tools for our enjoyment.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 10:21:02 PM EDT
[#4]
UPDATE:    A UPS package showed up today !!  and the Elmax SEER was in it  YEAH!! just in time for Christmas .  Very Nice blade
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#5]

I would be careful.
I bought a blade from Jericoh coming up on 2 years ago (4/2013).  
Waited several months and never heard a word even after emailing several times.  
I finally started a thread here about it and got a personal email from them saying the knife was almost done and I would have it "next week."  That was this past March.  
Never heard anything else, and never received what I ordered.  I have written off the $250 I spent.  I know the guy has had health problems and I told him that was cool, just keep me informed.
Not sure how many chances I'm supposed to give someone.  As far as I'm concerned I got ripped off.  I know others have had good experiences and that's great.  Just telling my side of the story.

If someone's health is preventing the timely operation of a business where you take people's money up front, then maybe it's time to shut down.

No doubt this post will rub some the wrong way.  Too bad.

Link Posted: 1/9/2015 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a problem with getting mine a few years ago. I had waited 3 or 4 months with no word. I tried calling, emailing etc.

I had to start a thread on here to get a reply from him. I did receive my order shortly after that

I contacted him a few months after to give him some more business and he never contacted me back. I just assumed he didn't like I made a deal out of not getting my blade I paid for.

Other than that he seemed like a stand up guy though. They were very beautiful knives
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Never ever ever ever pay up front for a custom knife.  I've had multiple knives (of my own design even) made by reputable makers and they never asked for a penny up front.  I expect them to contact me right before they start work and ask me if I'm still good with everything, and then when the knife is done, I pay and they ship.  

I can understand how that could get away from you as a maker, too.  If some guy paid me 3 years ago for a knife and that money is long gone, I might have trouble keeping the lights on and buying materials today.  And even when I finish the knife, then I have to ship it out and I get nothing since it was paid for years ago.  The maker would have to meticulously manage that money when he could be concentrating on making knives instead.  

Just don't do it.  If I have to pay up front, that's a knife I just won't have.  

Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top