Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2014 7:40:07 PM EDT
My girlfriend wanted to decorate for fall, while at the pumpkin patch my inner child came out and I wanted to carve one so I got one, came home and broke out my al Mar sere operator and here is the result, not the best pumpkin but it was fun

Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I use a LanKay M9.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:12:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The best tool I have found for the initial cutting out is the el cheapo super dull serrated "pumpkin carving set"
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The best tool I have found for the initial cutting out is the el cheapo super dull serrated "pumpkin carving set"
View Quote

Probably so but that takes the fun out of doing it with an over built over size razor sharp blade
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Carving a pumpkin with a tactical knife? Only once and I broke the blade, but I have a pretty good excuse.

It was 1966 and I was five years old. Like any normal red blooded American boy back then I loved BB guns, pocket knives and military stuff. One day when helping my father clean the garage, we found the switch blade that his older brother had purchased for him as a souvenir in Japan on his way back to the States from Korea.

"Can I have it dad?" I asked and my dad said sure but "Don't stab yourself." I was so proud of that knife. It was cooler than anything my friends, or even their big brothers had. I actually brought it to "show and tell" at my kindergarten class. And no, the teacher didn't care, the school was not placed on lockdown and the Earth did not stop rotating.

I never cut myself or anyone else and I kept that knife in perfect condition despite flicking it open probably ten thousand times but I made the tragic mistake of trying to cut our pumpkin and promptly got the blade stuck. While working the blade back and forth trying to loosen the grip, I slipped and pushed the blade laterally against the pumpkin snapping the blade in half. I was truly heart broken and I remember that day 48 years ago like it was yesterday.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top