Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2014 7:12:04 PM EDT
I know that I can send it back to benchmade for the lifetime sharpening but are there any other places I can send to that put an even better edge on it? I found a local place that does wet stone sharpening but they haven't been answering my inquiries.

I really don't have much of a desire to learn how to sharpen myself. I know I'll do more harm than good.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:26:01 AM EDT
[#1]
There are several guys on bladeforums that do sharpening. Richard is one that comes to mind. There are others too. You can get up to a mirrored edge if you want. Just hop over there and they'll take care if you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:45:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't benchmade fully inspect it while it is there and fix if needed?
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 6:03:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Doesn't benchmade fully inspect it while it is there and fix if needed?
View Quote

Yes. They'll disassemble it and deep clean and lube it. Replace the omega springs if it has them, ect.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I once asked and was told:

Seattle Edge

I have yet to try him, though.  I need to send my 940 in for a broken omega.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 12:24:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Send it back to Benchmade.  The factory edge on Benchmade knives is very sharp.  I have a Griptillian that's in frequent EDC rotation for about a year, has cut a fair amount of random stuff, and the factory edge is still sharp enough I cut the hell out of my hand when I slipped up and I didn't realize I had cut myself until it started to bleed.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:52:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Send it to Benchmade. They'll take it apart, clean it, inspect it, replace anything worn and even replace the clip and screws for free.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Send it to Benchmade. They'll take it apart, clean it, inspect it, replace anything worn and even replace the clip and screws for free.
View Quote

This. I'm about to go send 4 of mine in right now.
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top