Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2014 5:32:26 PM EDT
Was browsing some on ebay and wow, they have gone up in price.  Looks like they are not on Buck's website any longer either.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I haven't seen one in a WHILE.

I've seen real Striders range from the $300+ on BF.

Might as well save up for that instead of the buck.  Those prices are ratarded
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Some of the Buck Strider knives were decent for the money, some were absolute crap at any price. I think mine was the 889, and the liners may as well have been made from tin. They had a beefier model that was supposedly decent, and the fixed blades were tough despite some quality flaws. The prices they bring now our laughable unless you just have to have one.

I know there will be a train full of people to disagree, but Buck is crap unless you want a traditional for light use. I do use my knives hard however, but I've gotten more use out of much cheaper knives from countries with much worse economies. That's not just in regards to the Strider models either.
Link Posted: 8/1/2014 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Buck Strider somewhere. Has the better blade steel but it had FRN scales instead of laminates. I think it was s later run.

I liked the buck Strider line, wish I could have grabbed a few more of them
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top