Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2014 9:04:40 AM EDT
Got the triple black hest as a good upgrade from my crkt m16.

The mr dp skull needs to go. Any ideas how the wipe it off without messing the clip finish? It laughs at my pencil eraser so its not a cheap stencil.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.dpxgear.com/hest-f-2-0-pocket-clip-silver-with-hest-lettering.html

...or just hit it with a coat of Alumahyde

ETA: fixed link
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 3:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends how it is done...  IFF the clip is coated and the skull is a place where they kept the black finish off the metal beneath...  and the clip is made from the right type of material, you can try what I tried on my ESEE-3...  I hate the huge ESEE logo in the left side of the blade...  my 3 has a coated blade and the logo is a place where the finish was kept off the steel and it is just naked steel...  I used some Birchwood Casey Super Blue (Link) to blue the logo into blackness...  the blade looks much better to me and there was minimal work involved...  While I was at it, I also did the "ESEE-3" on the left side as well as the "Rowan" etched on the right side...  but left the SN on the pommel alone...

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I emailed DPX customer service, talked it thru with Linda (seemed odd that they only had clips for older model knives), she explained that the new version needs a bigger hole for the glass breaker bolt, and then she re-checked the shelves.

She found a few of just what I needed on the shelf, but not enough to warrant posting on their site, and gave me the direct number to Ann for ordering.

Ann actually knew what I was talking about, and I wound up with the desired part in one week from asking about it.

Perfect :)

Friends and coworkers think the laughing skull is the coolest part of the knife.
But the plain clip is better for my diverse customer base...
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 1:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://www.dpxgear.com/hest-f-2-0-pocket-clip-silver-with-hest-lettering.html

...or just hit it with a coat of Alumahyde

ETA: fixed link
View Quote

That clip came stock on the HEST/F 2.0 olive/black I recently got... knife is super nice.  Sold several lesser knives off withing days of getting the HEST/F.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top