Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 12:17:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok I got my first ESEE. I ordered the 6 from knife connection along with the accessory pouch. Instead of sending the pouch they sent me the MOLLE back.
So I ordered the pouch today along with the Izula 2. I'm absolutely impressed with the quality the only complaint I have is that the grip is a little slick. I might
need to stipple it a little  or something... Here it is.

Link Posted: 1/26/2012 9:17:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I do believe I am getting my first ESEE for V-day from the misses. I am soon to join the ranks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 12:52:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I just picked up a -6 and a couple arrowheads. Not sure what I'm gonna do with the arrowheads yet, but fun times should be had by all either way.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 5:32:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 5:44:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

In case you've been under a rock, Jeff posted this today.

Here is where we are on new product:

Candirus are being run now. We are waiting on sheathing and they will be shipping. They will be coming with a small cordura pouch sheath. Pricing is going to be about the same as the Izula without the kit.

Laser Strikes are in production and will be shipping soon. Waiting on Kyxdex sheathing. We are thinking pricing on them will be somewhere between the 4 and the 5. They will include a ferro rod and tinder tabs in the handle.

Advanced Fire Kits are probably the coolest thing we have ever built. They are ready to ship now and just waiting on me to get the instruction sheet done. So I am the hold-up on these.

Venom Green Knives: Going to powder now and will be shipping as soon as we get pricing to the dealer network and get them back from powder coating.

Stainless Steel: There will be an Izula and ESEE-4 in 440C this year. Shon is working the details out on that.

Folder: We will be building the Izula folder this year.

I can't wait for the Laser Strike and the new Fire Kit.  Those will be my next buys... along with a Candiru... and an Izula folder...

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I just ran across this pic of mine and I thought I'd post it here. This is your reminder to tighten your nuts! Or loktite them. I almost lost this -3 off the side of my EDC pack.

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#9]
ESEE4 in Yosemite...

Link Posted: 1/27/2012 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Very cool. I just got a ESEE-4 and love it. I'm particular to black but the dessert tan looks cool. I hope you enjoyed California while you were here.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Any word on the stainless?
Link Posted: 1/28/2012 11:30:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Got my first Esee a couple days ago, and I've bought into the hype. I love the feel of it, and will more than likely add a 5MIL next.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll251/tatguru/buckizula.jpg
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#13]
After reading this thread I ordered a -3 as well as got my girlfriend a Benchmade Barrage to match the one i carry from gpknives. My ESEE -3 was just under $100. That sound pretty fair?
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
In case you've been under a rock, Jeff posted this today.

Here is where we are on new product:

Candirus are being run now. We are waiting on sheathing and they will be shipping. They will be coming with a small cordura pouch sheath. Pricing is going to be about the same as the Izula without the kit.

Laser Strikes are in production and will be shipping soon. Waiting on Kyxdex sheathing. We are thinking pricing on them will be somewhere between the 4 and the 5. They will include a ferro rod and tinder tabs in the handle.

Advanced Fire Kits are probably the coolest thing we have ever built. They are ready to ship now and just waiting on me to get the instruction sheet done. So I am the hold-up on these.

Venom Green Knives: Going to powder now and will be shipping as soon as we get pricing to the dealer network and get them back from powder coating.

Stainless Steel: There will be an Izula and ESEE-4 in 440C this year. Shon is working the details out on that.

Folder: We will be building the Izula folder this year.

I can't wait for the Laser Strike and the new Fire Kit.  Those will be my next buys... along with a Candiru... and an Izula folder...  

It sounds like Esee is going to have a great year in 2012.  I'm really excited about the Izula folder being released this year.
Link Posted: 1/29/2012 11:33:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
After reading this thread I ordered a -3 as well as got my girlfriend a Benchmade Barrage to match the one i carry from gpknives. My ESEE -3 was just under $100. That sound pretty fair?

Yep. Just under $100 for the knife and sheath is a fair price. They will be $100+ if you get the optional mounting selection. Have fun with your new knives.
Link Posted: 1/30/2012 9:35:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn, ya'll have me wanting to swap my 6 for a 5 now.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#17]
The The-Knife-Conection scales. This is my ultimate knife now. I'm just waiting on a Godspeed sheath and I'll be good to go.

Link Posted: 2/5/2012 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The The-Knife-Conection scales. This is my ultimate knife now. I'm just waiting on a Godspeed sheath and I'll be good to go.

http://oi43.tinypic.com/xpoppk.jpg

I'm soooooo mad at you right now!!!!! Now I HAVE to order those g10 grips lol.
Link Posted: 2/5/2012 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been wanting an ESEE for a few months now, but I couldn't decide which model.  One of my coworkers has a ESEE-3, a Junglas, and used to have this RC-4.

He said after he got the 3 he never used the 4, so he sold it to me for $60.  I'm thinking about putting orange scales on it.  I'm very happy with the knife so far, and I will probably end up with an Izula to toss in my daily-carry backpack and a 6 to keep in my console.
Link Posted: 2/6/2012 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Update

Izula - Valentine's Day give to my partner.
KaBar Becker Necker BK11

Link Posted: 2/7/2012 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Waiting for knife works to get the candiru in, and then placing an order for a new Junglas and Candiru. Someone at a central VA survival retreat decided they needed mine more than I did and jacked it off my pack while I was sleeping.

I love my esee-3 and my selection of 5 izulas.
Link Posted: 2/7/2012 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I just got my daughter that pink Izula for her b day. I have not wrapped the handle yet...need to get some pink paracord. I like the knot you used on that pink one. Where can I learn how to do that one?
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 7:14:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Did a few mods-

HEST

Couple of 4s

I had a really tricked out Junglas but traded it away, will have to locate pics if I still have them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 7:27:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just got my daughter that pink Izula for her b day. I have not wrapped the handle yet...need to get some pink paracord. I like the knot you used on that pink one. Where can I learn how to do that one?

It was "born that way".   I paid a bit more for one that was wrapped.  There is the neat knot on the knife handle and a sliding one on the neck cord.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Dang. Oh well, thanks for the reply. If anybody has and ideas I'd appreciate it. I don't have pics but have and ESEE 4 and now this pink Izula. Next on my list is a Junglas
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 8:31:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Dang. Oh well, thanks for the reply. If anybody has and ideas I'd appreciate it. I don't have pics but have and ESEE 4 and now this pink Izula. Next on my list is a Junglas

YouTube! Search paracord knife wrap and you'll end up with all kinds of wraps and ideas.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I really REALLY want to get myself an ESEE for my birthday in a couple weeks. But I'm torn between the ESEE 3 and 4 and unfortunately I can't take the arfcom route and get both. Just cause theyre too similar.This threads pics and descriptions have been very helpful!

This knife will spend most of its time in my bug out bag, so smaller size is a plus. But I intend to take it with me camping, hiking, hunting, etc as well as when I'm working outside. So wearing it on a belt is a plus.

Couple questions I have are:

Does the 4 have a boot/belt clip option like the 3 does? Because the option of having both Molle and a belt clip is a huge plus.

Is the 3 just as capable an all-round outdoors knife as the 4? I'm sure it is, but 3" just seems a tad small...

If I go with the 4 I'm also tempted to grab an Izula kit too. That'd be my compromise to get both

Thanks all. Cant wait to get one.

ETA- Just ordered the 3 today. I feel for what I'll be using it for, that should be plenty of knife and not take up too much room. Plus it has the most options for carrying. CAN'T WAIT!
Link Posted: 2/14/2012 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Waiting on some of the 2012 releases !!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 8:02:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I like my izula better in wood.  Much more comfy to handle.
It'll still fit into the original kydex but this combo sheath is pretty handy.

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

http://oi43.tinypic.com/xpoppk.jpg

Your post cost me a bunch of money! New scales and new sheaths.
I thought BRD was expensive. When will it end?
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 6:58:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 2/20/2012 10:58:39 PM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 2/20/2012 11:32:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Wow! Cool looking woody slabs. Interesting shape. How does it feel?
Link Posted: 2/20/2012 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wow! Cool looking woody slabs. Interesting shape. How does it feel?

Fills the hand really well. I just kept sanding until it felt great. You know, sand, fondle, sand, fondle, repeat.......
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 4:53:38 PM EDT
[#35]
no pics but i skinned an 80lb boar during whitetail season with nothing but my izula II. love that little bastard!
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Are the ESEE-5's not popular?  Most collections I see seem to only have a -3,-4, -6.  I would like a -6, but they are not legal here (5.5 inch limit).

I only have an IZULA and a -5 for EDC in San Antonio.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The 5 is one burly hunk of steel, if I had to guess, I would guess that it is pretty heavy for it's size.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

You would be guessing correctly!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I've got an orange Izula, one of the original fixed HESTs, a 5, and just placed an order for the red Izula.
Link Posted: 2/21/2012 11:49:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've got an orange Izula, one of the original fixed HESTs, a 5, and just placed an order for the red Izula.

Pics!
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics!

Don't have any pics of my HEST handy.

Here's a pic of my Daily Carry, ZT0350, and the Izula & ESEE5 when I first got them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Groomsmen presents. Hopefully i can get one for myself after the wedding.
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u286/BFEGTO/2012-02-22_14-40-19_386.jpg

Well congrats! Just don't let her eat the cake.

And those are a nice looking groomsmen gifts.
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 12:29:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Here's a pic of mine. Up until recently i didnt own a single fixed blade knife then it dawned on me how important one is while treking around out in the desert. I love my Kershaw Blur but it just wasnt cutting it.

I've got an ESEE 6 on order for myself and another ESEE 4 coming for my wife, aswell as some accessories for a few of them.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2012 6:48:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u286/BFEGTO/2012-02-22_14-40-19_386.jpg

Congrats on the upcoming wedding and great job on the groomsmen gifts!
Link Posted: 2/25/2012 7:25:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Just got my 3 and love it! Perfect size for carrying for camping, working outside, etc and it also works great in my BOB and range bags.

Now I think Ive come down with Tan Knife Disease because I already want the 4!

Link Posted: 2/25/2012 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#47]
A few smaller ones showed up the other day...

For those wondering, the Junglas and the 4 have dyed scales.  I used the Rit liquid and almost boiling water.  They came out very good and dont seem to be bleeding after a thorough rinse.  The Junglas has been that way for a while, and the 4 is fresh.  They are both the dark green color, the 4 had a longer soak.

Link Posted: 2/27/2012 10:20:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

For those wondering, the Junglas and the 4 have dyed scales.  I used the Rit liquid and almost boiling water.  They came out very good and dont seem to be bleeding after a thorough rinse.  The Junglas has been that way for a while, and the 4 is fresh.  They are both the dark green color, the 4 had a longer soak.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/quint504/PART_1330353406763.jpg

Interesting. I just may have to try this. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did the same RIT dye, but with the powder. Two packs in a glass bowl, and soak in almost boiling water for 30 min. Stir every so often. It works well for a change of scale color without the cost of replacement. I got the dye at Walmart. Just remember the dye stains EVERYTHING that it can soak and penetrate.
Link Posted: 2/27/2012 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did the same RIT dye, but with the powder. Two packs in a glass bowl, and soak in almost boiling water for 30 min. Stir every so often. It works well for a change of scale color without the cost of replacement. I got the dye at Walmart. Just remember the dye stains EVERYTHING that it can soak and penetrate.

Thanks for the tips. I've actually used RIT a lot before, going back to dying R/C car parts 10+ years ago and recently dying some ACU web gear.

I just never thought to dye the scales before!

Page / 24
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top