Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2017 9:56:01 AM EDT
I've seen many comments over the years about the FCSA Forum being really slow in activity level and always wondered why. It is slow sometimes during the Winter but with the election and such, its been rather active.

Then I had a "lightbulb" moment and wondered if people were talking about the FCSA Visitor Forum - its so slow as to be non-existent and I don't know why it is even used anymore. We should open certain areas of the Member Forum to be able to read some topics by Visitors. Certain data we lock such as powder loads and development data, which paid members want to control for liability issues. Gray area but never less it is a concern for our Member Lawyers.

As a former FCSA Match Director who is still very active despite medical issues lately, I have an interest in knowing Who by Username only has a 50BMG rifle and there locations, either by State only or by General Area of a State, or preferably by Town-State with no address (if you want to choose a nearby town - that's fine). Once we know who has and is interested in shooting a 600 or 1000 yard Match, we can better approach range owners with better data and hopefully get better access. It also may allow for us to get on Military Bases to shoot targets or pop-ups out to 1200 yards. Then there is the "King-of-the-2-Mile" competition we as FCSA Members sponsor every year at the NRA Whittington Center. It is held the 3 days prior to our World Match Competition which is during Independence Day activities (always fun asking the British guys if they enjoy celebrating Independence Day with us - one guy responded, with a big smile, they were glad to get rid of us!) The shooters from 7 Nations all had fun during our event. (We are an International Organization.)

And I'm always open to constructive criticism and will pass information on to the FCSA Board of Directors as needed if you so desire.
I will try my best to answer most questions answered here, but as I'm out-of-state now typing on my phone, I sometime will delay in answering hoping someone else can help. If upon return I see mis-information, I will respond. (And yes I have been banned twice for unknown reasons.)

Hoping for responses. I have an AR-50 highly modified and live near Osceola, Wisconsin. (If I aim West at a 37 degree angle up, I can hit Minnesota.)
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an AR-50 and live in Springfield, IL.  I would enjoy being able to see the forums like you had mentioned in your post and would also be interested in potentially shooting matches if they were semi- close aka within 2-3 hours drive.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Currently, I believe your closest FCSA range is Shreveport, LA.

Raton, NM is a bit of a drive , but really worth it !!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2017 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in central Iowa, and will probably never make it to a range that justifies loading match ammo.  I still like to shoot my Windrunner, even at the paltry 200yds of my local Izaac Walton range.  I have respect and envy for those that shoot 1000yds or more.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 12:55:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in central Iowa, and will probably never make it to a range that justifies loading match ammo.  I still like to shoot my Windrunner, even at the paltry 200yds of my local Izaac Walton range.  I have respect and envy for those that shoot 1000yds or more.
View Quote

Come out to Alliance for one of our FCSA Matches - if you need or want to share driving expenses, I know several that go from Iowa.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 7:34:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I want to check the site out, I just don't want to give my name and address and pay that much for unknown content an the closest match being 10 hours away from central tx...
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#6]
CANCELLED - EVEN THOUGH WE HAD RANGE RESERVED, THE F-CLASS SHOOTERS CONVINCED RANGE OWNERS THEY WERE MORE  IMPORTANT

= We will NOT be having a 3-day shoot in Central Wisconsin at a 600 yard range.

DO NOT Bring your 50BMG rifle AND any other you want to shoot. If you have steel, bring it also.

Contact me for details.

EDITED 2-9-2017
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in NE Ohio.
I own a Steyr 50HS and a Safety Harbor 18" barrel, mag fed that is on a Stubborn Mule single shot lower.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm in NE Ohio.
I own a Steyr 50HS and a Safety Harbor 18" barrel, mag fed that is on a Stubborn Mule single shot lower.
View Quote

Your closest FCSA 1000 yard Match would be Williamsport, PA.

Thanks for responding. We all need to look for more ranges that allow 50's. I was at a Range Tour Saturday - they had a beautiful 1000 yard range with pits. Alas not FCSA approved yet, so maybe in near future.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top