Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2016 9:55:25 PM EDT
I have an opportunity to buy a Barret M82 from my boss.. he'll finance it with no terms on time to pay (though honestly I'll probably do it in 3-4 months) and I get to take it home same day. Think it's worth it for 7k? It's in extremely good condition, 29" barrel version, probably less than 50 rounds through it, comes with original case and the 4.5-14x Leupold Mk4, as well as 3 magazines and a few boxes of ammunition.

It's not really a money issue, and it's not that I expect to do anything specific with the rifle, I've got pretty much everything else covered gun-wise. I just kind of think it might be a cool addition to the collection, not necessarily a practical one but something I can take out to shoot and put a smile on some faces..
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I would, I love mine, I don't shoot it all that often, but I sure like looking at it! the scope, mags and ammo and not having to have the thing shipped make it a pretty reasonable deal to me. And people love to shoot it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2016 10:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I would say it is a more than fair price. There have been some new guns sold for that but they didn't have optics or any other accessories.

Link Posted: 3/20/2016 12:27:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd say it's a good price for the package - magazines are $150-ish apiece, having a mounted scope that's sighted in is worth plenty, and the cheapest ball ammo has been around $2/ea so yes, go for it.

CDNN had the 29" rifles NIB for $7K mid-December but no scope or included ammo.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 12:17:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Ended up grabbing it.

Horrible picture, cheap-o tablet, but if you squint it's proof I'm not full of it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:24:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Good deal. I would not have hesitated either. I love mine! I just need more mags
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just need more mags
View Quote

Best price I found was the vendor who shall not be named... accepted a "Make an offer" at $140 shipped.  Maybe they'd have taken less... shipped quickly and without fuss.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:06:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ended up grabbing it.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i397/Menschen_feind/IMG_20160320_192548%20-%20Copy_zpsfmiaytqt.jpg
Horrible picture, cheap-o tablet, but if you squint it's proof I'm not full of it.
View Quote

Congrats! Screw zombies, you are now officially robot invasion rated. Let's be honest, you feel like more of a man don't you? I know I do and I am not ashamed to admit it.

Lurk on eBay for extra mags and accessories. Maybe all the deals are gone, but I got the majority of my mags for around $110 about two years ago, and gunbroker used. I'd just set up a search and wait to see what your get. The Monopod I got from midway ($129 right now, and about the cheapest place still I've seen). If you need a cleaning kit, the issue Otis one that should have come in the case are cheap on eBay.

Crap pic of part of mine:

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats on the new gun!!!

I shoot mine only a few times a year, but it is worth every penny I paid for it.  I would never sell it!

ETA - now get some better pictures of the damn thing!!!!
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top