Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2016 10:17:17 PM EDT
I assume it's just an AR grip with the usual safety spring, etc?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:00:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Make sure you don't start disassembly till you put a plastic drop cloth under your immediate work area.  Watch out for the small detent pin to drop out at an unexpected moment.  Without something to catch it, you'll never see where it goes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:08:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Make sure you don't start disassembly till you put a plastic drop cloth under your immediate work area.  Watch out for the small detent pin to drop out at an unexpected moment.  Without something to catch it, you'll never see where it goes.
View Quote

Do you have a small tent to set up in your work area?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:20:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Crap.  Worse than an AR?  Usually I just invert the receiver and very carefully lift the grip up slowly....sounds like the big boy is a bit more energetic???

Is it an AR detent and spring?  In case mine goes orbital....
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:57:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Its just like an AR. It is the same detent and spring.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank you sir!  I hoped/assumed that would be the case - sounds like the usual care and I should be good to go... and I've got spare AR parts if I screw the pooch.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol what? It's not like pulling the drain plug on an oil pan.  Its one detent. If you aren't stupid, it's self contained.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thank you sir!  I hoped/assumed that would be the case - sounds like the usual care and I should be good to go... and I've got spare AR parts if I screw the pooch.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same screw also.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:03:39 PM EDT
[#8]
"Lol what? It's not like pulling the drain plug on an oil pan. Its one detent. If you aren't stupid, it's self contained."

You don't own an M82 and/or you've never stripped it down to the bare metal of each and every individual component (not just disassembled for field cleaning), to have it degreased, sandblasted and painted.

And, no, the safety selector detent pin is not self contained.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:06:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"Lol what? It's not like pulling the drain plug on an oil pan. Its one detent. If you aren't stupid, it's self contained."

You don't own an M82 and/or you've never stripped it down to the bare metal of each and every individual component (not just disassembled for field cleaning), to have it degreased, sandblasted and painted.

And, no, the safety selector detent pin is not self contained.
View Quote

Okay hardass.

I'll leave this here for you, page 32.

http://stevespages.com/pdf/barrett_82A1_manual.pdf
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#10]
82055 and 82056, see the exploded parts diagram on page 32 and parts listing on 33.

They slide into a small hole in the lower receiver housing and are kept in place by the pistol grip, 82051-A

Remove the pistol grip and, if the lower receiver is tilted on its side or rolled over, trigger down, away they go.

The photo is better in my copy of the manual, you can see the part numbers in the drawing, but they are the two small pieces in the diagram on page 32, just directly above the pistol grip

Keith Pagel
R&D Liaison Officer,
Fifty Caliber Shooters' Assn

Editor,
Very High Power Magazine
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Use large clear freezer bag.  
Use painters tape and seal open end of bag against lower receiver.
Poke hole in bottom of bag to insert screwdriver.
Remove grip.
Bag catches spring and detent.
Remove bag with grip and small bits inside.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:55:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, nothing special - just work with the receiver inverted, hold the pistol grip against the receiver as you loosen the bolt and gently/slowly remove straight upwards.  Exactly like an AR.  Only item of note is that mine had a Torx T-30 head on the bolt, otherwise identical to a zillion ARs.

Thanks again for all the information and helpful suggestions!
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 9:49:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Oops. Forgot it was a Torx head screw now. A lot of the screws on the A1 style rifles are now, except for the barrel spring screws I believe.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:24:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Use large clear freezer bag.  
Use painters tape and seal open end of bag against lower receiver.
Poke hole in bottom of bag to insert screwdriver.
Remove grip.
Bag catches spring and detent.
Remove bag with grip and small bits inside.
View Quote

Unless you are a straight moron with Parkinson's disease, this is supreme overkill to remove 4 parts.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I put an Ergo Suregrip on mine. easy change. Took 3 or 4 minutes.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top