Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2015 1:06:02 AM EDT
Purpose driven.

I know I am going to miss a few favorites in the poll, but I was curious as to what most use for whatever reason.

Here we go.

ETA, multiple answers are allowed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 2:33:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:06:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Some of the ones that I knew that I would forget.

It`s late for me and you are on the west coast.

Appreciate you "stopping by"!

I don`t shoot any of the API, APIT, Raufoss ( Crap..... that Raufoss stuff is beyond my financial means ). Doesn`t mean that I wouldn`t like to.

The number of poll questions were kind of limited and I should have gone into more detail but didn`t have enough choices to set up the poll like I wanted to.

It is also late here for me and I am getting tired so.....it is what it is.

All comments welcome and good to hear from anyone who wants to participate.

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:06:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I voted for two items.
I mainly shoot 808 grain brass solids for competitions.
But I do load every thing, including: 647 ball, 660 ball. 690 SA ball, 695-705 AP, 750 Amax, 750 Solids, 770 solids, 800 solids, 808 solids, 815 solids, 818 spotter-trainer, and some frangible made from 7mmMag brass filled with lead shot and formed to close.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 10:41:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I load for all of my herd except the AK, as 7.62x39 ammo is so cheap it ain't worth reloading for.  I was fortunate to buy a buttload of virgin AP bullets a few years ago, so the blaster ammo be cheap.  I always bring extra to the range in case a noob wants to try it.  The kids get handed the smoking brass from their round, adults just walk away with a smile.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:45:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
adults just walk away with a smile.
View Quote

My 50 is like a party favor. Only thing they look forward to when I bring the beast out to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My 50 is like a party favor. Only thing they look forward to when I bring the beast out to shoot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
adults just walk away with a smile.

To the both of you,

someone had some fun on your dime. Both of you know, our dollar.

I have watched Vets` walk away with a smile on their face after pulling one or two off, with the .50.

They may have never done it in their entire career as a soldier in their younger days.

What impressed me most about them, was that they still had the gumption, to go for the "Golden medal".

I gave them their spent brass and said, " This is your right of passage".

To be honest,

They may have fired smaller caliber rounds and saved their friends lives at the time. I just wanted them to to fulfill a fantasy that they may have had in some point in their lives, that they never did.

The smile on their faces was priceless.

Handing them a spent brass casing to keep, from the rounds that they fired, big grins from them. Every time.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 4:52:38 PM EDT
[#7]
AP. Bought a shit load of it back in the '90s when I could get it for 80¢ & 90¢ a round.  It's pretty accurate out of both my 82A1 & M95
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 4:00:59 AM EDT
[#8]
The M48 spotter.

It's thin shelled so it "splats" and doesn't ricochet.
BRIGHT tracer, smoke bomb, flash, and report upon impact
...looks like Hollywood shit.

And I've never set anything on fire with them
(I've lit stuff with everything else, from tracers to plain ball ammo)

I really like them from a "fun" standpoint.

Link Posted: 5/10/2015 5:39:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:27:22 AM EDT
[#10]
For just plain fun, spotter/tracer is number one, for me.
If I have some sheet metal to shoot at, or rock backstop, then I like to flash blue tips, or API.
Sadly, all the ranges around me don't allow anything but ball... <Heavy sigh>
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#11]
API is cheap and plentiful. it's all I load and shoot. and the only place I have to shoot it is a rock quarry so there is no fire risk.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:12:23 PM EDT
[#12]
The results and comments so far, have been entertaining.

Thanks everyone, for showing up!
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What about fun stuff like API, APIT, Blue Tip, Raufoss...

Depending on what I'm shooting depends on the bullet type. Long range, gotta use a solid or an AMAX or you're throwing money away.

For plinking it's AP or ball, doesn't matter they're both fun to shoot stuff with.
View Quote

that's what i was thinking when I looked at the poll. While I'd like to start reloading, we have all sorts of .50 BMG ammo and suppliers where I live, and surplus funny colored ammo is fun ammo. Like fireworks.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top