Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2015 1:59:57 PM EDT
Anyone have one of these? Saw one at a gun store yesterday and it had a $4,000 + price tag. Looked bigger than the AR50 and  heavier. Was wondering the accuracy and just all around review of the rifle. No interest in buying just wanting to know more than ya see.on the wiki page.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_HS_.50
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one..been looking for one for a last few months again (for a price at or below $4k)

I really liked mine. Superb craftsmanship.  It;s lighter & smaller than an AR50 too btw
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:16:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one..been looking for one for a last few months again (for a price at or below $4k)

I really liked mine. Superb craftsmanship.  It;s lighter & smaller than an AR50 too btw
View Quote

Really? How did it shoot, moa ,sub moa with match loads, any idea onthe chamber? How was the recoil compaired to a ar50? They had it up on there top shelf so maybe its smaller but it sure looked bigger than mine. I do like that look it had about it though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I only rock busted with it & shot API & fun ammot. Ended up with about 60rds through it before I sold it.
Accuracy is great per the matches people have won with it.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#4]
They are great rifles. I won a practical. 50 match with mine last weekend. They have a heavy trigger, but are very accurate out of the box.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:32:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are great rifles. I won a practical. 50 match with mine last weekend. They have a heavy trigger, but are very accurate out of the box.
View Quote

Really? Sounds awesome. Thanks for the info so far guys
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I REALLY regret not buying one when CDNN was clearance from them out when Steyr USA sold all their stock.
It really sucked for Steyr when the media couldn't do their fact checking and understand what a CLONE firearm is.

They are sweet shooting rifles and QUALITY IMHO.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top