Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2015 8:35:30 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience loading the AMAX with  Alliant Reloader 50?

Kind of curios as to how accurate this round can be and importantly with Alliant Reloader 50.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#1]
My note book is out in the shop but im sure it was 220 grains. Its a - moa bullet for sure
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 7:31:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep AMAX velocities under 2700 fps as they have been known to come apart at higher velocities.

Hodgdon H50BMg would be a better choice of powders with a range of 218 to 222 grains working best.

Not the answer you wanted, but the best answer.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I appreciate the Advice particularly  the fact that you have given me on the appropriate powder charges.  My problem is that I can never seem to find H50BMG at the stores I visit.    They are some of the larger operations in Michigan Specifically Williams Gun Sight.  WGS even told me that it was not in their computer system and discontinued as a powder offering  Some others have also  said the same about H50BMG.  Where might I obtain a small quantity?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Online is gonna be your best bet. Your gonna have the extra cost of haz mat but sometimes its the only way to get powder and primers.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I appreciate the Advice particularly  the fact that you have given me on the appropriate powder charges.  My problem is that I can never seem to find H50BMG at the stores I visit.    They are some of the larger operations in Michigan Specifically Williams Gun Sight.  WGS even told me that it was not in their computer system and discontinued as a powder offering  Some others have also  said the same about H50BMG.  Where might I obtain a small quantity?
View Quote

H50 is always in stock at powder valley try them, I load 215g with 750g Amax.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top