Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 9:13:09 AM EDT
I just ordered 1000 API's over at GB for only .23 each...delivered!  That's the best price by far that I have yet to get them for.  If you're in the market for API pulls, they probably won't last very long at that price.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was that cheaper then Pat's Reloading?
View Quote

It looks like pulled unsized API from Pats are $0.289ea. @ 1000quantity price break
-before shipping.

So I guess that's a good deal now.  

I'm down to my last few boxes of ones i got for $0.07ea.
It's going to hurt to buy more.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:30:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Tempting deal, and I don't even have a .50 yet.

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#4]
New deal available from the same seller.....just .18 each delivered if you buy 2000.  Either this guy inherited a collection or there are still countless thousands of API's still out there in the marketplace.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 11:11:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
New deal available from the same seller.....just .18 each delivered if you buy 2000.  Either this guy inherited a collection or there are still countless thousands of API's still out there in the marketplace.
View Quote

Man, i got a 5 gal bucket full years ago and dont shoot them that much. If ya find fmj's for that , then hook a brother up.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#6]
That must have been one heluva heavy bucket
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 12:32:46 AM EDT
[#7]
For the new guy An-orphan. Just be aware that API is not as likely to start a fire like a tracer. But the incendiary component can still start a fire. So some ranges will deny you from shooting them. And any kind of Tracer will not be allowed at all. Now if you shooting out in the desert, no problem setting a few cacti on fire.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#9]
would someone please post a link to the GB seller or auction that you all are speaking of? I can't find any on there for close to the price you all are mentioning. maybe i am not searching with the correct key word. thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Search for 50 API and look for the fixed  price auction.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#11]
when I just got into 50 cal a few months ago, I too couldn't believe how cheap API's and tracer rounds were compared to Ball and FMJ. I thought, why would anyone buy 'less' of a round for more! Then I realized.....

No range allows AP, incendiary or tracer rounds. If you shoot out on public land, you cant shoot AP rounds at your own steel either since it will destroy it in a hurry. You also can't use incendiary or tracer rounds at your own targets because ever miss has a very real potential of starting a fire. It seems like it's one of those "agh, it can't be that bad' situation, but it really is that bad. Shot a couple tracers and API's at some throw away targets and both of them started a small burn that luckily  was at my berm and it put itself out shortly thereafter.

So now I pay more for Ball/FMJ like everyone else haha
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#12]
For me my trade off is distance. The range I go to all the time is only 100 yards but I am shooting into a large dirt back stop with no chance of fire and the api will not go off. The tracers are in the dirt before they really have chance to light.  Now my nephews farm I have to use fmj or ap rounds.

If you look around you can find fmj bullets for about 50¢ each and free  shipping
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I've shot AP, API and ball. The APIs were shot at 5/8" steel plate. It's pretty cool. I have some new LC tracer rounds although I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet. I won't shoot them unless there was a good amount of rain in the past 24 hours.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I own 400 acres of hilly land here in Oklahoma.  The first time I was exposed to shooting a 50 one of the guys shot a fence post with a tracer and it lit a fire.  Had to haul butt on the Rhino to stamp it out but I was hooked.  There are enough exposed areas without anything to burn on it for me to shoot as far as I want.  Most of my shooting is API and I've never had it start a fire.  The neighbor started one about a month ago and burned of 80% of my place and 7300 acres.  Started it while chasing cows with a Kawasaki Mule.  I only lost one hunting shed and he replaced it.  Now I can shoot anywhere I want because there is nothing to burn.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 10:45:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

i was referring to the .18 cents each delivered. i asked the seller and he wouldn't go anywhere near that price. i didn't know if there was something i was missing or someone was trying to brag about a non existent deal they got.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

i was referring to the .18 cents each delivered. i asked the seller and he wouldn't go anywhere near that price. i didn't know if there was something i was missing or someone was trying to brag about a non existent deal they got.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was the seller 4570blue?  This seller still has the .23 each delivered as posted and available.  The .18 deal is no longer posted and I'm sure it sold out.  If you noticed, I posted about the .18 deal on 1/30.  You posted that you couldn't find it almost two months later. Just how long do you think a good deal will last on GB?  Also, you posted that I " was trying to brag about a non existent deal they got."  If you read back in the thread, you will see that I posted about purchasing the .23 deal and not the .18 deal as your post suggests.  I was posting that the .18 deal was available....period.  Please check your facts before accusing others of posting falsehoods.  
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top