Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2014 6:53:32 PM EDT
Scanned the first three pages and only saw one topic that mentioned Beowulf, but figured I'd post in here before branching out to another Beo-specific forum.

Hoping somebody here may have some info I need. I have a 50 Beo upper, listed at 16.5" (but measures closer to 16.25"), and it has the tank brake installed. I know AA offers a 12" version, so the round functions fine out of a shorter barrel. I'm thinking about cutting ~3" off mine and perm attaching the tank to stay at 16".

I'd like to provide ADCO the new port size if possible. I've asked AA for their specs, but no idea if they'll release them.

Anybody know what the factory gas port size on the 12" and 16.5" barrels is? I'm guessing I'll need to open it up just a hair, as it's not going to be suppressed.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to see another wulf owner here. I think this is more for 50MBG. You may want to try the site beyond556, lots of wulf info over there. Hope you reload, its the only way to feed the wulf.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:23:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad to see another wulf owner here. I think this is more for 50MBG. You may want to try the site beyond556, lots of wulf info over there. Hope you reload, its the only way to feed the wulf.  
View Quote

I found that one when searching for the specs online. Will wait to see if AA will divulge the info before I sign up for yet another forum.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:06:05 PM EDT
[#3]
My Beowulf has the gas block pinned on so can't measure it for you. Also my AA 16" is a midlength and doubt it would function with 3" cut off no matter what the port size.

Satern has done some barrels and may be willing to share some info on the port size and position if you don't hear from Alexander Arms.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 11:28:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the reply. Mine is also a midlength, while the AA 12" is a carbine length. All of the tables I look at mentioned 10-18" barrels for carbine and 14-20" for midlength, and the closer to the middle of that range you are the better. So, a ~13.5"/midlength combo doesn't look like a good idea. (I was used to dealing with my last chop on a 6.8, where the company uses same length gas system in both their 11.5" and 16" barrels). So, thanks for pointing that out.

Just to wrap this up a bit...I did hear back from AA:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. We are sorry, but we will not provide the gas port size of the .50 Beowulf weapon system. This is proprietary information. Please also be aware that we will not support customers in the disassembly or modification of our factory-assembled weapons.
View Quote

So...so much for going that route.

ADCO said they do have some data on the round. They also said if I sent a 20rd box of ammo, they'd make sure it was dialed in correctly before they sent it back. So, if I do decide to cut it down a bit, I'm confident they'll take care if me as they've always done in the past.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top