Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2014 11:43:09 PM EDT
Is a semi-auto Dshk build a good idea or not?

I could get one complete for $6000 although I have no experience with one of these

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:11:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I was going to do a post sample M2 but the cheapest kit i could find was about $4k + side plate and rivets. I found a great deal on a DShK kit for about $1000 and it'll be about $2700 to completely weld, rechamber to 50BMG, and refinish. So for les then i would be into the M2 i will have a rarer and IMO more badass gun. Downside is Mounts for them are hard to find and pricey if you can find them, links are more expensive, spare parts are out there but not in the QTY of M2, barrels are pricey and most of them will need to be rechambered and plugged. I doubt i'll shoot enough to wear a barrel out though...maybe.

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Need pics to help you decide :)
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 6:19:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Need pics to help you decide :)
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a yes from me!  :-)
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a lot of experience with both, and own two DShK's now. While I am an armorer for the M2, I prefer the DShK. Making your own mount is fairly easy for a good metal worker and you can put it in a standard pintle. As for the charging handle, it uses the DShK round, so get one made for it out of steel bar stock. I am getting my two ready to send to Dennis for complete rebuilds and the 50 conversions. It is going to be a long summer waiting for them to come back.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:37:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a lot of experience with both, and own two DShK's now. While I am an armorer for the M2, I prefer the DShK. Making your own mount is fairly easy for a good metal worker and you can put it in a standard pintle. As for the charging handle, it uses the DShK round, so get one made for it out of steel bar stock. I am getting my two ready to send to Dennis for complete rebuilds and the 50 conversions. It is going to be a long summer waiting for them to come back.
View Quote
Do you know what the wait time was? I forgot to ask him. I sent in my kit last week.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#7]
6 months or so IIRC
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top