Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2014 10:20:00 AM EDT
since i will be moving out of the peoples republic soon to a free state that allows .50 awesomeness I will be picking up an 82A1 in the near future. Wondering on a good scope recommendation. I am looking at a nightforce 5.5x22x56 or the Leupold Mark 4 and possibly adding the BORS. This will be my first nightforce as my other rifles have Leupys on them. Also wondering about a good set of rings. What can anyone tell me about the BORS? Is it worth the extra 1400 bucks to pick one up? Thanks for any help

Shooting my buddies 82
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#1]
The go to rings for many shooting the 50 are the Badger Ordnance MAX-50. I have Seekins 6/4 rings on mine, they are heavy duty and have survived the pounding so far. Barrett makes some nice heavy rings but a bit pricey. Vortex Optics tactical series rings also look like they would do the trick.

Scopes, you can't go wrong with the two you mentioned. I little more budget minded look into the Vortex PST series, the SWFA Super Sniper series and the Bushnell Tactical Elite series. All give you fairly high quality glass vs. costs and have good replacement warranties should your 50 shake them apart.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the badger max 50 rings. As for optics, depending on how far you plan on shooting, get the best you can afford.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:31:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the exact gun and use the badger max 50 rings. They seem fine and don't cost a lot. I don't shoot her to much and didn't want to spend a ton of money on rings.
Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:25:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I just picked up a Barrett CQ with a 50mm Leupold and the dealer suggested the Leupold high rings, they do not clear.  I can get into some Barrett rings for about $180.  Are the badger max50 high rings a better option?  Or is there a suggested riser to make these work?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I run the Barrett rings on mine.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Save your money and pass on BORS.  Buy a Kestrel and ballistics program and learn how to shoot XLR.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top