Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2011 9:20:11 AM EDT
Isnt it pretty?

You will have to read the next issue of VHP to see who its made for.
Dave
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 10:22:57 AM EDT
[#1]
i have a pretty good idea who its for
SR?
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#2]
That is so wrong...............................................................................it's left handed.
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd show up to a match with that guy wearing my pink "tough enough to wear pink" T-shirt.
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd show up to a match with that guy wearing my pink "tough enough to wear pink" T-shirt.

This is what I was thinking. I'd shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 6:18:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Isnt it pretty?

http://www.ferret50.com/graphics/ferret50_promo_pics/pink2.jpg

You will have to read the next issue of VHP to see who its made for.

Dave

Ferret50

you forgot to paint the grip
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#7]
The Susan G. Kommen "Save the ta-tas" Ferret 50!  And a lefty to boot.
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I dunno who it's for, but as a lefty, I approve of this message!
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Needs a Hello Kitty sticker on the side...

Link Posted: 4/5/2011 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Not a true lefty

Bolt handle is on left,ejection is on right. Similar to the bushmaster 50

For a bench/bipod only gun  I see this setup could have some merit and usefullness. Right hand stays on butt stock near trigger as left hand runs the bolt.

I have not  fired in this fashon but considered it after looking at the Bushmaster

Is there some type of recoil absorbing device built into the stock or is that just butt support?
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/416uXAYbeRL.jpg

OMG, you have no idea. Ive been asked to make another one in purple and the Hello Kitty would be a nice touch. But, that isnt Hello Kitty though, she wears her bow on the other side. Thats an image of Mimi, her sister.

You should have a pretty good idea by now who the gun is for, unless you think Im a closet HK fan. Lets keep the 'Kitty' in the bag till the article comes out.

Dave
Link Posted: 4/5/2011 7:58:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I showed the wife and she didn't like it "they ruint that gun" she said
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/416uXAYbeRL.jpg

OMG, you have no idea. Ive been asked to make another one in purple and the Hello Kitty would be a nice touch. But, that isnt Hello Kitty though, she wears her bow on the other side. Thats an image of Mimi, her sister.

You should have a pretty good idea by now who the gun is for, unless you think Im a closet HK fan. Lets keep the 'Kitty' in the bag till the article comes out.

Dave

The fact that you know which one from hello kitty it is based on BOW location has me concerned for you.

I think you need to hand over all current inventory for proper disposal... :D
Link Posted: 4/6/2011 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I showed the wife and she didn't like it "they ruint that gun" she said

See how she likes this one.

Link Posted: 4/6/2011 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Oh WOW.  If I'd known that was an option I might have had you do that to mine!
Link Posted: 4/7/2011 6:20:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Last year I had a few guns coated in ceracoat. There were a few problems with the shop I was sending the work too and so, like everything else, Its now done here. What we are using is Duracoat, which I think is a very similar finish but the Duracoat is a little tougher.

I wasnt happy with the color on the blue gun and desided to do it over. Big mistake because the Duracoat doesnt blast off very easily. Im using silicon carbide at 45psi and it took 30 min to get it off the brake. Anyhow, if you are interested in getting your gun painted, just let me know. Now is a good time too because Im underpricing while I get the process setup and gather the needed info to calculate a price schedule. A single color is pretty simple and straighforward. Clean, blast and park the parts, then paint and let cure for a couple weeks before assembly. Multi stage finishes get a little more involved since the tight/critical areas have to be taped off after the first coat.

Since I am going though the expense and trouble of setting up a section of the shop for paint, Im going to offer the finishing for any kind of firearm, not just mine.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#17]
I ended up repainting the blue gun, didnt like the metallic color.
Here is the gun in metallic blue.

Here is the same gun in royal blue, pewter pearl and gloss clear.

Let me know what you think.
Dave
Link Posted: 5/16/2011 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

http://www.ferret50.com/graphics/ferret50_promo_pics/blue2.jpg

http://www.ferret50.com/graphics/ferret50_promo_pics/RB2.jpg

Dave

Ferret50
I think the metallic color was great, the royal blue looks a little to hot-rodie/shiny for me, but its not mine so its doesn't matter.

You just need some flames up front
Link Posted: 5/17/2011 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
http://www.ferret50.com/graphics/ferret50_promo_pics/blue2.jpg
http://www.ferret50.com/graphics/ferret50_promo_pics/RB2.jpg
Dave
Ferret50
I think the metallic color was great, the royal blue looks a little to hot-rodie/shiny for me, but its not mine so its doesn't matter.

You just need some flames up front

Yeah, I was going for a hot-rod look. The shine can be toned down with a semi-gloss or flat clear coat. Im thinking about flames or some other graphic and I've finished one in a nice camo pattern. Ill take pics once it is asembled and the customer gets it.

Here are a couple others pics I took yesterday that seem to have better lighting.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/22/2011 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#20]

http://www.ferret50.com/graphics/ferret50_promo_pics/rb3.jpg

Dave
Ferret50

[/quote]

Is that a new bolt end piece on the upper?  Is there any advantage to it besides looks?
Link Posted: 5/23/2011 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#21]
That upper is made to fit the Armalite A-10 lower. So the receiver cap is shaped to fit the contour of the buffer tube boss. In the pic (blue gun) you can also notice the wider front section of my lower, because of the wider front recoil boss of the upper. The pink gun has all of the latest design revisions.

Dave
Link Posted: 5/27/2011 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey Dave

Your Dura Coat looks great!  

I've been doing Dura Coat for a couple years now, kind of as a retirement hobby.

You're also right, it's a bear to blast it off if a customer changes their mind.  

I even did a 2 tone job on a Sig. for one of our guys on here.  Turned out real nice.

Stay Safe,
Brad
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 8:05:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Ok, so now that the article is out (Very High Power 2011-2) I can show you who the pink 50cal is for. There will be a followup article, hopefully next issue (Im working on it), of her shooting. My daughter is only 5 so its been a bit of a trick to make this happen. Its been a cool project and will be worth the read.

Dave
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top