BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Good luck on trying to sue the guy.  He may be guilty of fraud but you want to sue him for not selling you genuine stolen government property????

Huhh?

Which is why I always tell folks to avoid the Raufoss deals on Gunbroker, etc.  CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!

-David
Edgewood, NM

P.S.  Good luck getting any results from Gunbroker.  They're just like Ebay, only worse...no help resolving fraudulent deals...

Actually I've had great experience with ebay resolving fraud. Ebay refunded my money even though the seller ran off with it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good luck on trying to sue the guy.  He may be guilty of fraud but you want to sue him for not selling you genuine stolen government property????

You should know that's not always the case

Not all mk211 is govt owned, many places (civilian) run test with it

Its still fraud and the guy should have a pitchfork run up his ass

+1 I've read this elsewhere where others beside the Gov. use these for testing and sell left overs
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#3]

FREE
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have 5 rds if anyone is interested

FREE

I'll take'em at that price ;)
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm just waiting on mine to come in. Like a kid  on Christmas.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Finally took some pics of the new raufoss that I got. One more to add to the collection.

I know most collections make mine look small but it is growing.
Link Posted: 5/19/2011 9:39:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Did you ever get your money back?
Link Posted: 5/19/2011 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Did you ever get your money back?

I never bought any of them.  The guy who did buy the 500rd lot never go this money back.  He spoke to the guy and he basically told him to Fuck Off.

He ended up putting them back on the internet and sold them as API.  He only got a little of his total cost back.

Link Posted: 7/28/2011 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe Keith could tell me if these are real. They are being sold at  www.ohioordanceworks.com   for 3 for $100. I believe the head stamp is FNB 91 and 93. They have quite a lot of them.
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes.

What were u referring to? That oow's are real?
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Those look to be real.  

I wish the close up of the tip was a little bit clearer to determine 100%.  

The paint is hard to see.  If the paint is bubbly, then they are probably fake (people just usually use nail polish or something to paint the tips and it is never smooth).  The real ones have smooth paint.  The paint is always uneven (even with the real rounds).

The tips of the bullet are rounded, which is a good thing.  The real MK211 rounds have a more rounded tip than a standard AP, API, etc round.

I would hope that a supplier like Ohio Ordinance would verify that thee rounds are real before they started selling them.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2011 11:35:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/1/2011 6:16:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I am not 100% sure, but it seems to me that the band below the green is more silver than white. Anyone else noticed this?
Shouldn`t the band be white?
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 3:37:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Can anyone give specs on what this round is capable of as opposed to regular AP?  I.E. I am sure the military has said AP will penetrate X amount of steel, and the MK211 will penetrate Y amount.  Or, is the advantage of the round mostly to ignite fuel when the military uses it against a vehicle?

ETA:  It looks like Wikipedia says "2 inches of rolled homogeneous armor"
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 3:54:16 AM EDT
[#16]
im going to go find the one I have and cut it open and post picts....
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 5:48:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 7:50:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I am not 100% sure, but it seems to me that the band below the green is more silver than white. Anyone else noticed this?

It can be white or silver.

I have seen both in the mil (silver seems to be newer)
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 7:56:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I want a video of the process.

Link Posted: 8/2/2011 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought white and green was the newer, and silver, green the older. As in isn't the newer API white and the older silver?
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I know your jokin but I wonder what would happen if you used a drimel on one. Count me out though I gring when someone drops mine on the floor
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks T.

Appreciate your input.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know your jokin but I wonder what would happen if you used a drimel on one. Count me out though I gring when someone drops mine on the floor

I've wondered about that-can they detonate or do they need to be flying at firing velocities for that to happen?
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've wondered about that-can they detonate or do they need to be flying at firing velocities for that to happen?
The HE needs to be compresses to cause the explosion, BUT I sure as hell wouldn't use a dremel. I would use a pipe cutter from Lowes and cut the Cu around the side

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:01:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Jewlers saw...............I trying to get the round back as we speak...I  forgot I gave it away and am trying to get it back as an ARFCOM teaching moment...
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#26]
The ones I purchased (from RMFCSA affiliates) have white (not silver) & not as evenly painted as the silver ones on ohioordanace
Mine look like ARsR4ME's;  I'll post some pics this weekend. No idea if they are the real deal & sold my 50cal now
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:38:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Looks like someone on GB is selling a round exactly identical to the OPs listed as original Raufoss. Already has one bid for $35, but I don't have an account and can't warn the buyer they are about to get taken for a ride.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 9:51:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
IM me the link, I have a GB acct. and will send him and the site staff an email warning them about the seller/ammo.

IM'd. The bids are up to $45 now with a $65 reserve...for a fake round.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Here's a couple photos of a round I have (an incendiary & M2 Ball are the other rounds in the photo; I also have TTI & CBC rounds for comparison)
The "raufoss" rounds appear a bit more fat at the tips in person, thus I assume they are authentic; I assumed they were reloads from the headstamps (purchased from RMFCSA)
I was going to have a Vetinarian xray them but I was not sure if it would be worthwhile.

Any feedback would be great.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:15:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Here's a couple photos of a round I have (an incendiary & M2 Ball are the other rounds in the photo; I also have TTI & CBC rounds for comparison)
The "raufoss" rounds appear a bit more fat at the tips in person, thus I assume they are authentic; I assumed they were reloads from the headstamps (purchased from RMFCSA)
I was going to have a Vetinarian xray them but I was not sure if it would be worthwhile.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j98/soundguy_2006/IMG_3232.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j98/soundguy_2006/IMG_3235.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j98/soundguy_2006/IMG_3239.jpg

Looks real to me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j98/soundguy_2006/IMG_3232.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j98/soundguy_2006/IMG_3235.jpg

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j98/soundguy_2006/IMG_3239.jpg

Looks real to me.

x2

I have three that are real and they look almost identical to yours.  The tip is more rounded on the Mk211 rounds.  That the best way to tell if they are real or not.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#33]
This round is usually identified by a green over white paint tip mark.[4] A rarer occurrence of a green–over red–over white paint mark scheme indicate the tracer version of this round. These tracer versions are usually only seen on cartridge feed belts in naval applications
Link Posted: 8/14/2011 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This round is usually identified by a green over white paint tip mark.[4] A rarer occurrence of a green–over red–over white paint mark scheme indicate the tracer version of this round. These tracer versions are usually only seen on cartridge feed belts in naval applications

Great... another one I have to track down.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Top Top