Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/12/2010 11:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
what's wrong with the 16x42?  That what I just purchased for mine, seems pretty decent to me (for 1/4th the cost of the NF no less!)

Also has anyone dremmel'd the tang off the stock?  I'm going to install the shelf grip and I can't decide if I should modify the grip or chop the stock.  would a dremmel be adequate?  What would you touch up the paint with?
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Its going to take more than a dremel  if you want to cut very much off the stock. My friend cut mine if in his machine shop and I had it re anodized.
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing wrong with the SS 166x42.  It seems to get the job done but there is a quality and clarity difference between it and the NF.  I would rather get my weapons now and better optics later down the line if the money is there.  It will be awhile before I get the chance to upgrade.
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 11:07:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I would like to ask "PERMISSION" from my fellow AR-50 owners  if I could use some of the pics posted here on this thread for a "slide show" music video.....Please don't pull your pics if you don't want them in the video.......I will respect your wishes...and not use them...I am planning to use the song "Big Gun" by AC?DC....it will be some time before I start this, but when and if I do...It will be posted on YouTube....I like to ask people before I do these things....again...I WILL RESPECT YOUR WISHES....
SASS
Link Posted: 12/30/2010 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SASS:
I would like to ask "PERMISSION" from my fellow AR-50 owners  if I could use some of the pics posted here on this thread for a "slide show" music video.....Please don't pull your pics if you don't want them in the video.......I will respect your wishes...and not use them...I am planning to use the song "Big Gun" by AC?DC....it will be some time before I start this, but when and if I do...It will be posted on YouTube....I like to ask people before I do these things....again...I WILL RESPECT YOUR WISHES....
SASS

I'm down with anything that makes me world wide. some of those pics I posted are from different websites, but I don't think they would mind being in a kickass vid. Goodluck with it and give me a link when your done, if ya would.
Link Posted: 12/31/2010 3:46:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: subwofer2] [#6]

This took some time to do with Photoshop, my first attempt at a bolt face.  If anyone would like to use my picture please let me know.

Link Posted: 12/31/2010 11:37:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool......Nice job.....
SASS
Link Posted: 1/1/2011 2:35:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Had mine since 2002, only fired 20 times so far. Cheap scope warning, but it works.

Danny

Link Posted: 1/2/2011 1:02:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sledhead907] [#9]
Link Posted: 1/2/2011 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ARsR4ME:
SASS

I'm down with anything that makes me world wide. some of those pics I posted are from different websites, but I don't think they would mind being in a kickass vid. Goodluck with it and give me a link when your done, if ya would.

You will be the first.....and thanks to the others for posting up.....
Keep them coming.....
SASS
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#11]
SASS I'll try to have a couple up this week!
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Cool....Look forward to them....
SASS
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 11:34:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SASS] [#13]
''''''OOPS'''''''''
SASS
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Minuteman419:
Had mine since 2002, only fired 20 times so far. Cheap scope warning, but it works.

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=8653

Danny

Ok...now we have it....Hey Danny....HOW CHEAP is cheap and if I may....what is it....
SASS
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 12:10:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Minuteman419:

http://media.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=8653

Danny

Ok...now we have it....Hey Danny....HOW CHEAP is cheap and if I may....what is it....
SASS

It is a TASCO 8X40 -30mm I believe (at work now) and it was being discontinued and I brought it for like $200, had been around $800. It was supposedly made for a .50 BMG. It works pretty good, as soon as I can find a better place to shoot it, I'm going to have to do something else, the glass is good, just not for long range IMO. I could only shoot up to 250 yards at the house and had to lay off that because my Uncle would complain about it rattling his windows when I shot it.

Danny
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#16]

HEY! that looks like my scope!  

I run an illuminated recticle NF Benchrest 12-42X56 on my AR-50 90% of the time.
The only time I swap it out is when it is too hot outside (and it's got to be pretty hot for mirage get too bad to use 12x power)
when that happens I use a 6.5-20X56 Loopy LR VXIII.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Didn't they make a Special Edition Armalite AR-50 in OD Green?
Hard to find info on them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2011 8:11:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By DeltaEliteMan:

Not sure about the green.  There was a 10th Anniversary Limited Edition AR-50A1 in silver-black crackle powder-coated finish

10th Anniversary Limited Edition AR-50A1

Link Posted: 1/4/2011 10:24:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SASS] [#19]
Originally Posted By subwofer2:

Not sure about the green.  There was a 10th Anniversary Limited Edition AR-50A1 in silver-black crackle powder-coated finish

http://accurateshooter.net/Blog/armalite50a1.jpg

That Rocks...I never got wind of that....I would love to see one up close....
To bad someone that owns one wasn't on here....that would be so cool...to see a real pic....
Thanks for posting that up.....I have to clean the drool off my keyboard NOW....

SASS
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 10:39:39 AM EDT
[#20]

http://accurateshooter.net/Blog/armalite50a1.jpg

That is a sweet setup!  Comes with all the APA goodies installed...Bipod, Carry handle, and monopod!  And all three scope rails.  Wonder how much that little sweetie will set you back?

-David
Edgewood, NM
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#21]
I like what Kirby Allen did with this Ar50. He put on a 45 inch barrel (yes 45 you read it correctly) and did an improved verson to get 3000+ fps with 750 grainers.

Link Posted: 1/4/2011 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I like how he extended the bi-pod mount out in front to improve the balance with that long barrel.

How much did that barrel cost anyways?
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#23]
actually the apa bipods all do that.

that rifle is not going to fit in the Pelican 1750 now.  It barely fit before. i like it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2011 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#24]
I always wanted to add a free float rail some kind. Just don't know how it could be attached to look and function right.

A crappy MS paint I did.

Or add a mag. I've heard there was someone who does this but never got a link or website.
Link Posted: 1/5/2011 1:32:51 PM EDT
[#25]
AR...Dude...the FF HG...is just wrong...if you need a forward platforms...use the LaRue...STOMP
The Magazine thing...well I have thought also about it...but if you look into the design of the AR-50s, I think you would loose the strength of the receiver design...unless they "BEEFED" it up...and for me...it is heavy enough... You just need to practice your speed...LOL
But nice try....I myself have found that the AR-50 is a engineering masterpiece....and one should leave well enough alone....but that is me...no offense meant my friend...

Mountain1...That barrel is just SICK....I love the SS look...but DAM...I don't think it would fit in my truck...I would have to hall it like AR does....in the back...I would be curious as to how the muzzle break works compared to the factory...that would be a tough match...Dam nice to look at though..
SASS
Link Posted: 1/5/2011 1:52:25 PM EDT
[#26]
SASS.... I agree the FF tube is Fugly but although I like the AR50 design I wish there was something different. I like the look of the Cheytac's as well or like your link showed, a rifle stock could be cool.
Link Posted: 1/5/2011 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Temporarily mounted the scope, dremmeled & mounted the grip, and tried to mount the bipod but got the little tab stuck that goes in the slot, now I'm going to have to beat it out.  Clearly that wasn't an Armalite part haha.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2011 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#28]
More like this please.    Wow.
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I want video of you guys shooting in the room.
Link Posted: 1/6/2011 9:30:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AskDrTodd] [#30]
http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/1442/arshan.jpg

lol, mrs dr todd is pretty hot, this I won't deny :)
Link Posted: 1/7/2011 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AskDrTodd:
Temporarily mounted the scope, dremmeled & mounted the grip, and tried to mount the bipod but got the little tab stuck that goes in the slot, now I'm going to have to beat it out.  Clearly that wasn't an Armalite part haha.  

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1678/ar50m.jpg

SSSSSSSWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND THE RIFLE ISN'T BAD EITHER.....SOME GUYS HAVE ALL THE LUCK...
SASS
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 11:51:29 AM EDT
[#32]

lol, mrs dr todd is pretty hot, this I won't deny :)

Well I know i am not the only one waiting on this....................DOES SHE SHOOT IT....
SASS
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 12:20:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Can we get a video of her describing the whole setup?  I just don't think we will be all that interested when you do DrTodd!!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#34]
I have this whole thing firgued out!!!!  I am going to get an AR50 now!!!!!  I am 100% sure that is why she is with DrTodd!!!!!  It has to be!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TacBlade:
I have this whole thing firgued out!!!!  I am going to get an AR50 now!!!!!  I am 100% sure that is why she is with DrTodd!!!!!  It has to be!!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/9/2011 1:32:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SASS] [#36]
Originally Posted By TacBlade:

OMFG....I just can't resist this one....Sorry DrTodD.....

No it is his BIG BULLETS.......

SASS
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 6:25:22 PM EDT
[#37]
haha you guys are too much

OK one more of her with my other 50 cal

Link Posted: 1/9/2011 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#38]

OK...You are beyond lucky.....
but as much as I may envy you.....I would hate to see what she would do if you pissed her off.......

Dam lucky man.......yep.....

SASS
Link Posted: 1/9/2011 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks SASS!  I like to believe I have good taste in women, guns, food, and booze lol.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2011 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Thanks SASS!  I like to believe I have good taste in women, guns, food, and booze lol.  

Hey DR Todd....don't know about the food and booze...but with a woman like that... and the ArmaLite AR-50...
well, a burger and a bud light would work....for me anyway...
Cheers my friend....
SASS
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 12:51:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Well it just arrived, my new addition to the AR-50 A1 B....
It's the ArmaLite / Hogue grip....it has the ArmaLite Logo on it....will be installing it soon and posting pics and maybe a quick video....check it out...I love the Hogue grips...
SASS
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 4:21:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OiRogers] [#42]
Consider this a TAG for future edit to add photo...

Went to a funshow today and an AR50A1 followed me home.  It looked lonely there all by itself.

Need to grab a bipod, case and scope / mount now.

Got big pile o' ammo thanks to Aim and now a rifle...

Best part is, showed it to the wife and she didn't kill me.  I think I even get to sleep in the bed tonight.

Link Posted: 1/15/2011 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By OiRogers:

Went to a funshow today and an AR50A1 followed me home.  It looked lonely there all by itself.

Best part is, showed it to the wife and she didn't kill me.  I think I even get to sleep in the bed tonight.

I loved the looks as I walked out the doors with mine on my shoulder.
Link Posted: 1/15/2011 11:16:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By ARsR4ME:

I loved the looks as I walked out the doors with mine on my shoulder.

Got stopped by several overall-clad neck-beards who congratulated me on my purchase.
still not certain how I feel about that.

Link Posted: 1/16/2011 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#45]

I hate when they follow you home...then you have to feed them and talk to them and shoot them....LOL
Good that the wife let you sleep in the bed and didn't you....
Welcome the the Brotherhood of the ArmaLite AR-50....
Need pics....soon
SASS
Link Posted: 1/16/2011 11:08:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Pics up... Mrs OiRogers said "hell no, get away from me with that *thing*" when asked for a photo ala Mrs. DrTodd.

Luckily, Mini-OiRogers said "K".

Seriously thinking about putting the Aimpoint and Magnifier off my AR or perhaps the 1-4x off my other AR and going to shoot it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2011 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Had mine out today with the new Vortex on it.

Link Posted: 1/16/2011 11:03:56 PM EDT
[#48]

Man it would be nice to have that rigged up some kind of way. Maybe feed from the bottom. Nice pic btw.
Link Posted: 1/16/2011 11:06:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Pics up... Mrs OiRogers said "hell no, get away from me with that *thing*" when asked for a photo ala Mrs. DrTodd.

Luckily, Mini-OiRogers said "K".

Seriously thinking about putting the Aimpoint and Magnifier off my AR or perhaps the 1-4x off my other AR and going to shoot it.

I put the aimpoint on mine for a while until my NF came in. It worked good for the break in period and 100 yards. Looks funny but who gives a shit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2011 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#50]

That looks badass with the linked rounds there haha.  

Got to shoot my AR-50 for the first time this weekend, broke it in with the brazilian AIM rounds, and those worked flawlessly, couldn't be happier.  boresighted the scope, got on paper, got it adjusted all within about 3 shots (thankfully) and the following 3 were all touching so I was happy :)
Page / 6
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top