Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2017 3:21:43 PM EDT
Ok, I need to pick an optic for my PS90.  What is the consensus these days?  I was leaning towards the T-1, but the C-More looks promising, truth is I'm open, anything would be better than the stock irons.

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd probably go with an RMR or a Delta point.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:19:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Aimpoints are of course the top of the line; but I don't go swimmin' with my rifles much any more so I'll gladly step down a rung or two on the equipment ladder.

I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on mine and it's doing an outstanding job so far.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have aimpoint Comp M4 with quick detach mount. works great for me. good luck

Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Holosun HS503GU, perfect IMHO.  A good 50 yard zero will give you effective hits out to 150+ yds plus the 65 MOA ring gives a perfect aim point for close quarters.  At 10 yards, the post at 6 o'clock in the ring is dead on at 10 yd due to the large height above bore with the standard rail.  I'll be shooting mine again tomorrow
ETA:  The stock peep sight may not be great but you should make sure to zero it with a dab of loctite on the screws so nothing comes loose.  For obvious reasons, do this BEFORE you attempt to zero any sight attached to the rail.  

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Holosun HS503GU, perfect IMHO.  A good 50 yard zero will give you effective hits out to 150+ yds plus the 65 MOA ring gives a perfect aim point for close quarters.  At 10 yards, the post at 6 o'clock in the ring is dead on at 10 yd due to the large height above bore with the standard rail.  I'll be shooting mine again tomorrow
ETA:  The stock peep sight may not be great but you should make sure to zero it with a dab of loctite on the screws so nothing comes loose.  For obvious reasons, do this BEFORE you attempt to zero any sight attached to the rail.  

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k277/cake5150/20170220_183324_zpsfofc5fyb.jpg
View Quote

That looks promising, what mount is that?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:27:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I like the ring sights.  They are closest to the bore and are low profile and snag free.  My SBR'd P90 has a Black reticle USSG the moment.  I have ordered a ring sight with internal illumination: Elite Ammunition
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That looks promising, what mount is that?
View Quote

LaRue LT-661, it does indeed return to zero when removed and replaced.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:13:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the fast fire.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#11]
I went with a Trijicon MRO and TROS mount.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:00:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for all the suggestions, I have a Holosun HS503GU on the way.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I went with a Trijicon MRO and TROS mount.
View Quote

What base mount on the MRO?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got a MRO in a design machine mount.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#15]
TROS PR5
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
TROS PR5
View Quote

Sorry, meant which mount on the MRO. Low, full cowitness, lower 1/3 cowitness?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#17]

What mount is that under your FF? That seems pretty much exactly how I want to setup my PS90.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Sorry Willys I think I read your post wrong.  It's the low mount on the MRO.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:28:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a Burris Fastfire III on one and a Vortex Razor reflex red dot on the other.

Both are small and quick close in...

Forrest
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:48:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I've got a TRS-25 on mine.  It's pretty much just a range toy so I can't justify the price of nicer red dots.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 11:56:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Its the C More. The burris is a tad to big to fit it so ya gotta mod the base some with a dremmal. I made a thread about it. I like it alot. The shortest i could get
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Its the C More. The burris is a tad to big to fit it so ya gotta mod the base some with a dremmal. I made a thread about it. I like it alot. The shortest i could get
View Quote
I'll add a couple of unsolicited comments about all this (please feel free to send hate mail... , although this comment is not directed at the author of the quoted info)....

Given the extremely limited capacity of the round (5.7x28mm), I can't see that spending extra bucks for mounting an optic 1/2-3/4 inch lower is cost effective (obviously, YMMV).

I say that being quite happy with the round for what it is (and I say it having a couple of PS-90s and an AR57).

Slightly lowering the sights will not do much for a round with severe range limitations (and I say this not having access to a good supply of SS190, but only shooting SS197, etc.).  Having said that, access to SS190 would still not change the comments much...

I find that a Burris Fastfire III (with standard rail mount) or a Vortex Razor reflex red dot are extremely fast on this rifle, and they don't block your range of vision like the Vortex Sparc-II or Strikefire II (both sights that I like but not so much for this application).

If you're going to play daytime games with your PS90, the Vortex Venom would be a decent choice but, if you want to use the PS-90 as a defensive carbine, the Venom doesn't dim enough for poor light use (the Vortex Razor will dim enough, but barely).

Most sights other than the sights like the Vortex Venom/Razor and the Burris Fastfire III will block enough of your vision to be quite annoying...

Anyway, them's my thoughts... )

Forrest

Edited to get a smilie to work...
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:48:11 PM EDT
[#23]
For me it was a bit more than 1/2- 3/4". Even as low as it is now a check weld is not as good as i would like and the difference in poi and poa is drastic enough so even small amounts do make a difference up close. Of course every one is different and thats ok. People forget that sometime.

Vs

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:33:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For me it was a bit more than 1/2- 3/4". Even as low as it is now a check weld is not as good as i would like and the difference in poi and poa is drastic enough so even small amounts do make a difference up close. Of course every one is different and thats ok. People forget that sometime.
View Quote
Your setup does look very nice...

On mine, the center of the Fastfire III is about 4 inches above the barrel and the center of the Vortex Razor is at about 4 1/4 inches above the barrel, both mounted on the original rail.

Forrest
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:58:28 AM EDT
[#25]
The TROS mounts are the best I have seen, and they allow you to use a cheek weld that is nice and comfy (unlike most high mounts that result in a chin weld):

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k277/cake5150/20170220_183324_zpsfofc5fyb.jpg
View Quote
Ok, so I bought this same sight and took it out this weekend.  It seems like every other round it shut itself off and doesn't want to turn back on.  Any issues with yours?  Was thinking I'd try a new battery before I ship it back, but if that doesn't fix it looks like I'll be hunting for something else.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:11:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Ok, so I bought this same sight and took it out this weekend.  It seems like every other round it shut itself off and doesn't want to turn back on.  Any issues with yours?  Was thinking I'd try a new battery before I ship it back, but if that doesn't fix it looks like I'll be hunting for something else.
View Quote
Interesting you posted his because I actually came here to post something as well.  First off, then one I have had on my PS90 for the last ~3 months has been flawless.  I have several hundred rounds through it and no hiccups, zero shifts, or anything to complain about whatsoever.  Last Thursday I was once again shooting the PS90 SBR with it from CLOSE up all the way to 200 yds and it was dead nuts perfect.  
I was so in love with it that I bought another which I just got around to using last week, that one has the same type of issue as what you are describing!  It didn't even make it onto the Tavor it was destined for, whenever I get in a sight I will turn it on and bang it around a little bit to check for obvious problems before I go to the trouble of mounting it and thread locking the screws.  I'm glad I did in this instance because the second one would actually shut off or fade and then shut off after knocking it around a bit.  I tried two different batteries with the same results.  That is obviously unacceptable, so I have emailed Holosun for a replacement.  No reply yet.  None of my seven Primary Arms marked dot sights have ever done anything like this
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Make sure the battery screw in door is very tight.  I have seen many optics including Aimpoint H-1/T-1 have the same issue if they aren't screwed in all the way as the battery can rattle inside.

if that isn't it, change the battery with a reputable brand.

I use a FastFire III on my PS90 and love it.  You can get them for $199 shipped on Amazon and they have a lifetime warranty.

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Ring Sights is the absolutely only way to go with this rifle. Height/cheek weld is perfect. They preserve the iconic look of the rifle. And the new fiber/battery powered versions are some of the best optics I've ever used. On par if not better than Aimpoint/Trijicon.

The only U.S. authorized dealer: http://www.eliteammunition.com/aluminum-housing.html

http://www.ringsights.com
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I have an aimpoint on mine and a mro on my wife's. They both are great.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 12:46:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The TROS mounts are the best I have seen, and they allow you to use a cheek weld that is nice and comfy (unlike most high mounts that result in a chin weld):

http://www.trosusa.com/images/PS90_Aimpoint-Mini_ACOG_comp.jpg
View Quote
God, the mini ACOG on there looks so sick.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Most of the time mine wear Trijicons, the SBR always does. Both use the TROS mounts as well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#35]
I use a Primary Arms micro dot with a Design machines mount. Super Low and no complaints. One day ill get an Aimpoint T1.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Wife has a LED RMR on a TROS PR5 mount for her PS90SBR.  Really slick design, very minimalist.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:57:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Mine had the taller factory rail, replaced it with Tros low rail and venom, finally found a black ring sight.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top