Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2017 3:21:52 AM EDT
What's a generally good FO price for a 16s in black. I've been eyeing one for under $2400 and curious if prices should drop significantly lower given a half year or so.

Or if anyone has the price of a NIB Scar 16s from maybe a year ago that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:52:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought mine about a year ago - $2750 OTD.
BUT I bought it under the assumption I wasn't going to be able to get for a looooong time, if ever again. It's still minty fresh too, with 210rds on it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:59:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Now isn't a good time to buy. I sold my black SCAR 16S for $2,200. Wait for prices to come back down.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Now isn't a good time to buy. I sold my black SCAR 16S for $2,200. Wait for prices to come back down.
View Quote

I'm well aware the timing right now sucks. I can purchase a 16s through FN's IOP program for a preset rate. I'm just curious if brand new SCAR 16s will drop below $2400. I'm not particularly interested in saving $50-100 bucks waiting 6 months.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:18:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm well aware the timing right now sucks. I can purchase a 16s through FN's IOP program for a preset rate. I'm just curious if brand new SCAR 16s will drop below $2400. I'm not particularly interested in saving $50-100 bucks waiting 6 months.
View Quote

When times were good and SCARs were plentiful, they ran about $2300. Then availability started to get dodgy and prices crept upwards.  Coupled with FN's price increases on them, that $2400 figure probably isn't bad.  

Not sure what the new floor on them will be, there's a lot of pent-up demand for them but also a lot of competition in the 5.56 wunderwaffe space now. It's going to be a tough year for gun makers without the gun salesman of the year on the job, though this is a very niche market with a more specific set of buyers that won't be impacted the same way as the low-budget AR realm.

I would guess $2500-$2700 street if FN starts shipping them in quantity again.  I've been hoping for a price drop on them but obviously FN has had success with the limited quantity, high price model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top