Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2017 12:19:28 AM EDT
Just picked up one of the new Para's. Was wondering if anyone has converted a 249s into a post-sample. Ideally I would want to Form 2 the trigger pack and leave the upper/gun alone. I saw a conversion on the line at Knob Creek back in October so I know it's possible, so I was wondering if anyone knows where to start. I'm not familiar with this platform at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I start tinkering with this thing.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 3:07:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Was the converted gun you saw a 249s, or something like the MGA Mk46 which uses a HK pack? Was it a closed bolt gun?
I don't think most SOTs would convert a 249s, because the cost is so high on the base gun. It's cheaper to buy an existing factory open bolt post sample, or build one from a kit, or pay for one to be built from a kit.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
It was a 249S with a f/a trigger pack (complete grip) that these guys registered. It was purposely done that way in order to leave the factory gun alone so you can sell it later by just installing the factory grip. Now, I don't know what other mods they did to the upper in order to get it to work...this is what I'm trying to figure out.
Can you point me in the right direction for a complete 249 para parts kit? I didn't even think these where available. If this makes more sense, I may just sell the 249s para and start from scratch on that parts kit.
A post-sample is out of the question for me...it's impossible to get a demo letter where I live so I have to "make" everything.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 12:03:47 AM EDT
[#3]
The big machine gun rental place in Vegas did a conversion, they mentioned it in a youtube video a few weeks back.  Search for the magpul drum magazine and 249s, should come right up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top