Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2016 2:04:10 AM EDT
I was lucky enough to snag one of these today for Christmas. Thoughts are already going into making it an sbr, what's everyone do buy a new barrel or have the existing one cut? Also thinking about an RMR set up on it if anyone is running that setup.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:23:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Form1 it. After approval, cut the barrel an inch or so behind the flash hider. Remove from receiver by pushing it out with a similar sized dowel. Leave the dowel in to retain the springs, etc. in the correct order. Send it to Mark at TROS with a copy of your approved form. WAIT. WAIT some more. Reassemble your ps90 when the barrel and adapter come in. YMMV
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:39:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I've heard TROS is really top notch but the wait is crazy long. What cans are people running on them?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:59:17 AM EDT
[#3]
+1 on TROS
I usually don't run a can but have a Spectre .22 thats rated to 5.7 that I've used before
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Design machine for the RMR mount. Personally I think a micro red dot is a better match. 

TROS for barrel cutting. It took 6 weeks but looks great. The only small thing is he won't accept it until you have an approved form and the price went up from when I would have liked to have sent it till when I could. 
Also, when I got my laser engraving done (after I sent the barrel out) at a semi-local place, Parker Mountain Machine, Jarod said he cuts PS90 barrels. It might be worth checking him out too. Really nice guy who does great work. 

I'm using my silencerco omega on a slightly modified mount. 

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Design machine for the RMR mount. Personally I think a micro red dot is a better match. 

TROS for barrel cutting. It took 6 weeks but looks great. The only small thing is he won't accept it until you have an approved form and the price went up from when I would have liked to have sent it till when I could. 
Also, when I got my laser engraving done (after I sent the barrel out) at a semi-local place, Parker Mountain Machine, Jarod said he cuts PS90 barrels. It might be worth checking him out too. Really nice guy who does great work. 

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/300501/image-110911.JPG

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/300501/image-110910.JPG
View Quote

This is a sweet set up. You said modified mount, I have an omega as well what did you have to do to make it work?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:56:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Get the Cmmg Barrel. No screwing around waiting for the form 1 to come back and then waiting more to get the barrel cut and threaded.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This is a sweet set up. You said modified mount, I have an omega as well what did you have to do to make it work?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/300501/image-110911.JPG

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/300501/image-110910.JPG

The modificaton wasn't necessary for function, just for looks. 

I had the bottom 1/4" of the mount cut off (where the flats would be). There is then the 1/4" of the adapter below it which looks good. Otherwise it just looked too long and goofy IMO. 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 1:28:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone have the black ring sight for it? I really like the look of those but they seem very hard to come by, are they really worth it?
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 10:44:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:51:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Form1 it. After approval, cut the barrel an inch or so behind the flash hider. Remove from receiver by pushing it out with a similar sized dowel. Leave the dowel in to retain the springs, etc. in the correct order. Send it to Mark at TROS with a copy of your approved form. WAIT. WAIT some more. Reassemble your ps90 when the barrel and adapter come in. YMMV
View Quote

This is the correct answer, and what I did.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 12:54:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Does anyone have the black ring sight for it? I really like the look of those but they seem very hard to come by, are they really worth it?
View Quote

Good luck, and no they're not worth it for what they run these days. I cheaped out and got the white ring as it's just a toy for me, it's almost unusable indoors but serviceable outdoors. If I were going to throw the kind of coin needed for the black ring sight, I'd do the DM RMR/Micro mounts referenced above, you'd be in about the same amount of cash and have far greater optics.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:18:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah that's my complaint about the factory sight. Very small field of view. EA has the import agreement with Ringsight, and they sell illuminated the black ring now.
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 3:11:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah that's my complaint about the factory sight. Very small field of view. EA has the import agreement with Ringsight, and they sell illuminated the black ring now.
View Quote

It's just a range toy and something to look at, but I'd like to try to keep it close to orginal if possible.
I checked out ringsights website couldn't find the illuminated one link?
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 1:07:47 AM EDT
[#15]
http://www.eliteammunition.com/aluminum-housing-625947.html
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I was lucky to get an FN P90 barrel and still have my original barrel that I cut off.

Since it's a new barrel I was going to have it threaded for the heck of it but never got around to it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top