Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2016 3:26:07 PM EDT
I'm SBRing my PS90 (tax stamp in hand) with an EFFEN90 receiver.  

Already have a different charge handle and the takedown button.

So, I have the option of chopping the barrel and sending it to Tros and then I'll be left with a stripped receiver and could try and sell it.  Or, I could buy a CMMG Barrel and muzzle adapter (and necessary springs) and try to sell the barreled receiver.

I've seen a few posts on other forums here and there (from years ago) about stripped receivers.  Anyone know whether or not there is even a market for these parts out there?  I guess I could post the barreled receiver in the EE and see if there are any bites.  Would like to complete the build sooner than later though, or at least get in the Tros queue earlier.

Mainly looking to help offset some costs of the build and not have extra stuff laying around that I'll likely never use.

Thanks for the input!

~ b00ph3
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

So, I have the option of chopping the barrel and sending it to Tros and then I'll be left with a stripped receiver and could try and sell it.  Or, I could buy a CMMG Barrel and muzzle adapter (and necessary springs) and try to sell the barreled receiver.

I've seen a few posts on other forums here and there (from years ago) about stripped receivers.  Anyone know whether or not there is even a market for these parts out there?  I guess I could post the barreled receiver in the EE and see if there are any bites.  Would like to complete the build sooner than later though, or at least get in the Tros queue earlier.

Mainly looking to help offset some costs of the build and not have extra stuff laying around that I'll likely never use.

Thanks for the input!

~ b00ph3
View Quote

I must be confused. The barreled upper IS the firearm. The receiver shell is just a shell. You SBR the upper on a ps90.

ETA: I see I am confused. The effen90 IS a receiver. So now you have 2 ps90s.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure if there is a market.

Others it could make a cool paper weight.

Or be an option if you didn't want to do the paperwork to bring the SBR out of state.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I could do the paperweight option, just seems like a waste.  If I did the option of 'get both' to bring the PS90 out of state w/o paperwork, that is the most expensive option (CMMG barrel + muzzle device is more expensive than the Tros option).

I'll ponder for a few more days, but seems like the Tros option is the way to go, and then if in the future someone were to want a receiver I could sell it.  One way for someone else to start the SBR paperwork early or something.

~ b00ph3
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Personally I'm going the Tros option.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like I'll be going that same route.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Depends on the original receiver. Is it a Tri Rail receiver, if so there would likely be someone out there that would want it. If it's the newer receiver type then I've not seen too many people trying to buy them even over on the FNForums. Good luck and enjoy your SBR, They're a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 11/1/2016 11:36:59 PM EDT
[#7]
DO NOT send to Tros!! I sent him my receiver over 6 months ago along with a check for the work. Since then he has not responded to any emails or phone calls inquiring about my receiver. I have sent several emails, left messages, everything with no response. I'm basically out a ps90 receiver and Barrel now.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Ouch.  I wasn't planning on sending them my receiver, just the barrel to be chopped.  I'll have to evaluate this a bit more now.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ouch.  I wasn't planning on sending them my receiver, just the barrel to be chopped.  I'll have to evaluate this a bit more now.
View Quote

I just put my barrel in the mail like 2 days ago.

I've only emailed mark a couple times in the past but he's always responded in a matter of hours.

Last he told me, about a week ago, a barrel cut would take 30-45 days. I guess I'll find out
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I've also decided to go with him, so many good reports.  I was also quoted the 30-45 days in his email reply to me yesterday.  Should be dropping it off in the mail today or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Thanks for the input!

~ b00ph3
View Quote
CMMG only sells 10" barrels, so you'd have to file a tax stamp in order to barrel the OE FN receiver with it.  Then you'd have to sell it as an NFA item. You're better off selling the stripped receiver. What are you looking to get out of it.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I had 2 receivers.  1 stock w/the barrel affixed, and 1 new stripped one.  Was wanting to sell off the OE one with the barrel and everything attached, OR cut that barrel out and have it shortened for use in my new stripped receiver and then sell off the OE one in a stripped status.

I ended up selling off the OE one (stripped) and sending the barrel to Tros for cutting and whatnot for use in my new receiver.

I purchased the billet receiver a while ago, got the tax stamp, and once the stamp was in hand, I bought the full PS90 to sacrifice for the SBR if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DO NOT send to Tros!! I sent him my receiver over 6 months ago along with a check for the work. Since then he has not responded to any emails or phone calls inquiring about my receiver. I have sent several emails, left messages, everything with no response. I'm basically out a ps90 receiver and Barrel now.
View Quote

He hasn't responded to an email I sent weeks ago regarding a mount.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I got my barrel back today from TROS, so just under 6 weeks. 

I haven't installed it yet but it looks good. 
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Forgot to post the same.  I received mine on Friday.  Was right within the estimated window.  Looks great.  Just need to assemble everything later this week and should be ready to rock n' roll.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I believe he (TROS) does them in batches.  When my e-form 1 came back, I inquired about the work and he mentioned that he was getting ready to do a batch.  Mine just came back the other day too.  Total turnaround was just a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 4:33:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Mark has been fast with me. When I emailed him about a mount and SBRing my PS90.
You guys expect super fast service when it takes time….
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:34:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#19]
All assembled. Everything fit great! I had the last 1/4" of the suppressor mount cut off. It looks much nicer I think. 

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 1:28:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks great!  Hopefully I'll finish mine this week and post up some pics too.  I have it assembled now with TROS's adapter, but am doing some work to try and get my crappy CMMG flash hider to work (the threads are crap).  Will either get the CMMG FH to work, or scrap that idea and just use a different flash hider.  We shall see!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top