Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2016 5:30:01 AM EDT
On my FNC, I have 4 positions available on the gas system.

All the documents I've read talk about 2 positions - normal and adverse (i.e. more gas if it's dirty).

Anyone else have one with 4 settings available?  Mine has 4 distinct positions, one all the way to the left about 10 O'clock, then 11, 1, and all the way over at 2 O'clock.

Ran mine at the 10 and 11 O'clock positions, worked fine, was too busy trying other things out (mags, sighting in), to fool with seeing what happened at the other two positions.

Do some FNC's have either/or a gas shut off position, or a grenade setting, for a different gas flow level?
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 5:55:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 6:16:09 AM EDT
[#2]
OK, thanks.

Now my rifle worked just fine in both the 10 and 11 O-clock positions - are those the same gas setting - it's just that in the 10 o-clock postion, it's not fully locked in place with this detent pin?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top