Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2016 10:24:34 PM EDT
We need a torture test (if the Czech's didn't get it right). I see the 805 as direct competition for the 16S and at $1k difference in cost (available for $1,600-$1700) what does the CZ not offer other than a roll mark???
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#1]
The CZ seems to weigh a full pound more...the same as my VEPR K that gets 2moa on any Russian ammo but only down to 1 1/2 on Black Hills.

But the balance of the 16 I handled when they first came out was really, really nice. Almost spent $2200 on an 'unknown' gun. But my $400 VEPR K works well enough.

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 4:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, the bren is almost a clone of the scar. Almost, but it has a machined aluminum upper vs the extruded scar upper. The gas system of the bren has an exposed gas system and more parts. CZ advises an armorer disassemble the bolt. The bren's stock has no locking tab for side folder. The bren is heavier. The bren's pistol grip has interchangeable backstraps, but cannot be completely replaced like the scar. I may be missing some more, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#3]
CZ Bren 805 has an AWESOME trigger.  Functionality is flawless.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 8:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We need a torture test (if the Czech's didn't get it right). I see the 805 as direct competition for the 16S and at $1k difference in cost (available for $1,600-$1700) what does the CZ not offer other than a roll mark???
View Quote

SCAR 16's are 2200-2400.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

SCAR 16's are 2200-2400.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SCAR 16's are 2200-2400.

Used or LE/Mil pricing...but not right now. They're floating away on gunbroker for over $3k. Even at stated prices, $500-$700 difference is optics, ammo and range time. They'll be fewer 805s in the wild when/if imports are cut off or "evil features" are no longer authorized. Coming from a guy who owns SCARs and has an 805 waiting on a stamp to clear I just don't see what all the hype is on the SCAR...other than rollmark/fanboy propaganda.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well, the bren is almost a clone of the scar. Almost, but it has a machined aluminum upper vs the extruded scar upper. The gas system of the bren has an exposed gas system and more parts. CZ advises an armorer disassemble the bolt. The bren's stock has no locking tab for side folder. The bren is heavier. The bren's pistol grip has interchangeable backstraps, but cannot be completely replaced like the scar. I may be missing some more, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to correct me.
View Quote

No bolt release either.

No supressed setting for the gas. It's either full gas, or even more gas.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:48:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No bolt release either.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No bolt release either.

I did not know this. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No bolt release either.

I'm not suggesting anyone do this but looking at my Brens gas plug, it looks like a very simple mod to add the correct port for suppressors to the gas plug.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top