Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2016 12:25:06 PM EDT
.... So show me painted SCARs to push me over the fence !
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 1:46:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag, would like to see some as well.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Formally black 17s. I replaced the stock, lower and pistol grip with factory FDE. Upper was completely disassembled and cerakoted.

Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:08:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice!
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 9:10:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Formally black 17s. I replaced the stock, lower and pistol grip with factory FDE. Upper was completely disassembled and cerakoted.

<a href="http://s1192.photobucket.com/user/drewdasponge/media/A50F3886-B0A5-437C-9579-1736ABC426F1_zpsvft61z0t.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa327/drewdasponge/A50F3886-B0A5-437C-9579-1736ABC426F1_zpsvft61z0t.jpg</a>
View Quote

LOL.  So you sold yours and bought a FDE?  Reminds me of Johnny Cash's song "One Piece At A Time"
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:58:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Found this in google images.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 12:00:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn that's nice!
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Some of the best rifle camo jobs are just plain rattle can. And look even better when they get some normal wear on them!
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I've had my share of rattle can camo. Love it on ARs, but with a pricey scar I would rather have a nice solid cerakote job.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
.... So show me painted SCARs to push me over the fence !
View Quote

This is what you want...

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:12:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't think I've ever shared my Scar17 setup before  but here's the details.
Its life started out as a black Scar 17 with an Acog TA11. Immediately bought and installed a Geissele Super Scar trigger. Absolutely loved the setup and could quickly nail small steel targets out to 300+ yards without a problem.
Then the itch started... after shooting it frequently in the hot summer heat, the black rifle would get scorching hot. I decided I wanted to cerakote the rifle FDE, but I wasn't sure which shade. I also wanted additional magazine capacity. As much as I liked the factory mags, I sold them all and got Magpul 25rd Pmags. They only came in black so I had to cerakote the mags separately. I also bought a Stryker Enterprises lower so I could run the Pmags. This also lets me use regular AR15 grips so I went with my favorite... the Magpul MOE. The 25 rd mags are not noticeably heavier fully loaded than the factory 20 rounders. I can still shoot them comfortably from the prone, but I can also use my KAC SR25 metal mags if I need to reduce the magazine height. I also bought a KRG MREX handguard which really made the rifle extremely handy and maneuverable. I can't recommend the handguard enough! But my favorite upgrade would actually have to be the Stryker Enterprises charging handle. It's possibly my most comfortable and easiest to grab charging handle of all my rifles. It's angled so you never bust your knuckles on optic mounts. I also use Magpul selector levers as I find them easier to grip. I used to run the Stryker Enterprises 90 degree selector cam, but I switched back to 45 degrees out of preference.
Also SBR'd the rifle and had the barrel cut back to 13". Installed a Surefire Warcomp so I could mount my suppressor. Sold the Acog and bought the Elcan. Really like the Elcan but I do miss the simplicity and light weight of the Acog so I'll probably get another Acog in the future. Maybe the LED versions to save myself the headache of replacing tritium down the line.
Only possible change I'd make is maybe making the buttpad black. But that's just aesthetic preferences.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I ended up going with Magpul FDE so it matches all my Magpul furniture.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Its life started out as a black Scar 17 with an Acog TA11. Immediately bought and installed a Geissele Super Scar trigger. Absolutely loved the setup and could quickly nail small steel targets out to 300+ yards without a problem.
Then the itch started... after shooting it frequently in the hot summer heat, the black rifle would get scorching hot. I decided I wanted to cerakote the rifle FDE, but I wasn't sure which shade. I also wanted additional magazine capacity. As much as I liked the factory mags, I sold them all and got Magpul 25rd Pmags. They only came in black so I had to cerakote the mags separately. I also bought a Stryker Enterprises lower so I could run the Pmags. This also lets me use regular AR15 grips so I went with my favorite... the Magpul MOE. The 25 rd mags are not noticeably heavier fully loaded than the factory 20 rounders. I can still shoot them comfortably from the prone, but I can also use my KAC SR25 metal mags if I need to reduce the magazine height. I also bought a KRG MREX handguard which really made the rifle extremely handy and maneuverable. I can't recommend the handguard enough! But my favorite upgrade would actually have to be the Stryker Enterprises charging handle. It's possibly my most comfortable and easiest to grab charging handle of all my rifles. It's angled so you never bust your knuckles on optic mounts. I also use Magpul selector levers as I find them easier to grip. I used to run the Stryker Enterprises 90 degree selector cam, but I switched back to 45 degrees out of preference.
Also SBR'd the rifle and had the barrel cut back to 13". Installed a Surefire Warcomp so I could mount my suppressor. Sold the Acog and bought the Elcan. Really like the Elcan but I do miss the simplicity and light weight of the Acog so I'll probably get another Acog in the future. Maybe the LED versions to save myself the headache of replacing tritium down the line.
Only possible change I'd make is maybe making the buttpad black. But that's just aesthetic preferences.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Dynamite/Mobile%20Uploads/9774C3FB-33CC-4833-8526-0CF0121BE3A8_zpsbma0drpq.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Dynamite/Mobile%20Uploads/9F419B3F-C7E4-4073-A556-BE500B0B30F3_zpsjxfjojae.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Dynamite/Mobile%20Uploads/5A831BA3-9B4F-45E1-8616-CFE100C1C32D_zpsidqglmdf.jpg

Edit: Forgot to mention, I ended up going with Magpul FDE so it matches all my Magpul furniture.
View Quote

Holy shit. My pants just got tight.... Brother that is the sexiest scar I've ever seen and exactly the color scheme I have in mind. Damn!

How do you like the Elcan? I thought about the fixed 4x instead of the ta-11 but I can't get past how perfect the 11 is. Plus I love the green horseshoe
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Holy shit. My pants just got tight.... Brother that is the sexiest scar I've ever seen and exactly the color scheme I have in mind. Damn!

How do you like the Elcan? I thought about the fixed 4x instead of the ta-11 but I can't get past how perfect the 11 is. Plus I love the green horseshoe
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Dynamite/Mobile%20Uploads/9774C3FB-33CC-4833-8526-0CF0121BE3A8_zpsbma0drpq.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Dynamite/Mobile%20Uploads/9F419B3F-C7E4-4073-A556-BE500B0B30F3_zpsjxfjojae.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Dynamite/Mobile%20Uploads/5A831BA3-9B4F-45E1-8616-CFE100C1C32D_zpsidqglmdf.jpg

Haha, thanks bud. I really really like the Elcan! But I do miss my TA-11 at times since it felt a pound lighter. I ultimately went with the Elcan after I decided to SBR the rifle.
Definitely go with the TA11 over any 4x out there. The eye relief is incredible!
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#14]
My FDE 16S I had cerakoted Multicam a couple of years ago. I need to shoot this thing more.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top