Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2016 9:09:48 AM EDT
Where are all the FNC rifles on the open market?

All the FNC rifles seems to have been sucked off the market. There have been no FNC's on gunbroker for sale for a while now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#2]
They never imported a huge number of them.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've heard that there were a very limited amount imported, in addition Curtis Higgens of S&H out of Broken Arrow., OK manufactured a BUNCH of registered sears for the FNC. Story has it that he manufactured more sears than there are U.S. FNC's
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where are all the FNC rifles on the open market?

All the FNC rifles seems to have been sucked off the market. There have been no FNC's on gunbroker for sale for a while now.

I've heard that there were a very limited amount imported, in addition Curtis Higgens of S&H out of Broken Arrow., OK manufactured a BUNCH of registered sears for the FNC. Story has it that he manufactured more sears than there are U.S. FNC's

I have heard the same thing...so it must be true!
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 12:48:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 1 of the HOWCO Para side folders

As far as open market ... I personally have not been checking

Sturmgewer.com (sp?) may turn up something

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd love to own a FNC and other 80s era 5.56 rifles. My Daewoo and SP1 are lonely.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:11:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Back in the day I ran across a guy with 3xParas...I tried to lowball him for all three but only ended up with one.

I don't know why I didn't get two of them; perhaps because there were other models out there that I still needed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 12:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The highest S/N I've seen is 3596, and it's doubtful that Curtis started at S/N 1. That would put the number of sears closer to half the number of host guns.  I believe this to be true.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Story has it that he manufactured more sears than there are U.S. FNC's

I have heard the same thing...so it must be true!

The highest S/N I've seen is 3596, and it's doubtful that Curtis started at S/N 1. That would put the number of sears closer to half the number of host guns.  I believe this to be true.

I've got 349X
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I have only ever seen 1 for sale locally, and that was in the 1990's. It was $1300 and I though over priced at the time
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:25:29 AM EDT
[#12]
now that a host with sear is worth $12k easy, owning a spare semi auto for $3k plus or minus $500 doesn't seem so unreasonable given the unavailability of parts potentially putting your MG out of commission.

If there were 6k guns imported 30 years ago, I would guess at least 500 of them have been destroyed, stolen, confiscated by LE or turned into part kits.   If there are 3k plus sears out there, there aren't enough guns for each MG owner to have one spare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top