Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2015 1:58:26 AM EDT
Heard they exist. Are they must have for fnc rifle to be correct?

Any detail would be appreciated
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 7:00:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for pic OSprey.

Is that yours? Do you like shooting with it? Do you happen to know what the model # is for me to search for one to buy? Any idea on where to find?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:50:19 PM EDT
[#3]
what power is this?
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for pic OSprey.

Is that yours? Do you like shooting with it? Do you happen to know what the model # is for me to search for one to buy? Any idea on where to find?
View Quote

I'm not the first replier, but I think I can answer the question. That looks to be a Hensoldt Fero ZF-24, the same scope often seen on HK91s and G3s of the era (I have one on my HK91). The ZF-24 has a STANAG mount, so it can be used on several of the battle rifles of the era, and you occasionally see them on FALs. An earlier version of the scope, the ZF-1, should also fit and may have been the "issue" scope for the FNC.

You might also do some searching over at FALfiles, as there are several members there who are well versed in FN history (at least a couple of whom live in Belgium).

Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 8:59:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Congrats on the FNC, welcome to the dark side. Bought mine in 1989, still one of my favorites to shoot.  There are a few different versions of the Hensoldt ZF-24 4x series scope, Model 1, model 2, and FERO.  All of the scopes have the same NATO/STANAG interface and same size hex head screws so they can all be used on the FNC mount.  The model 1 and model 2 are very similar looking except the model 2 and FERO has the illuminated reticle lens opening on the side as well as the focus adjustment. Think the model 1 was the one originally for the FAL, CAL, FNC, G1's. The model 2/FERO for HK G3's, G33's. The FERO has the larger diameter tube at the front and rear of the scope. Think the model 1's and 2's were "cammed" for 7.62 NATO, 5.56 NATO m193 55gr, and ss109 62 gr. bullet. The "actual FNC factory commercial" scopes had FN/FNC stamped on them and are pretty rare and expensive. If you just want a nice Hensoldt 4X scope, you can get one of the surplus German army model 2's/FERO's which are still around and change out the 7.62 elevation cam for a 5.56 cam. There's a guy on gunbroker that sells them from time to time for like $80. Basically all you are doing is changing out the elevation adjustment knob for one with different grooves/notches cut in them. It's 5 minutes and a small screwdriver, nothing internal to the scope. it's been so long can't remember if there were small springs and ball bearings when I changed it so do it in a large plastic bag just in case. Not sure if that "cam" the guy makes is for m193 or ss109, not a big deal really. US imported fnc's are barreled for 1/12 twist 55gr. M193 round. Think they did a few in the 1/7 twist for the 62gr. SS109 bullet, those might have been the 'Howco" imports. You can check under the handguards should be stamped somewhere.  As for the FNC factory scope mount, last time I saw one was a few years ago it was over $400. Not quite sure if the Hensoldt scope will fit on the aftermarket rail from StormWerkz. I might take it out and take a look. The rail from stormwerkz is really nice, bought one a few months ago. The pistol grip cleaning kit is the same as a FAL's, can get those for like $10. Factory cleaning tool and slings, about $45 each, you can usually find them. Check over at RTG gun parts. FNC Blank firing adapter, "similar" to FAL, different size gas port.  FAL tubular bayonet is the "same" as the FNC. Actual FNC factory one with scabbard is uber rare and $$. Factory bipod, haven't seen one in about over a decade and was $600. Hope this helps you out a bit. Paco over on the Uzitalk forum is the FNC go to guy for FN/CAL/FNC info stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top