Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2015 10:09:39 PM EDT
Today is the glorious day where I can declare my FN SCAR 17s complete!!

FN SCAR 17s

Trijicon TS11H-308G ACOG w/ American Defense QD mount

Geissele Super SCAR Two Stage Trigger

Kinetic Development Group MREX M-Lok 6.5” Extended Rail

Stryker Industries E.A.C.H.

Vltor SCAR Buttstock

YHM QD Muzzle Brake

Tactical Empire Thor’s Hammer Safeties

PMM Front and Rear QD Sling Mounts

PMM Extended Magazine Release

Ergo Grip

Grip pod GPS-02

LaRue Index Clips

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet... Suppressor??
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
That thing is pure sex.

Awesome rifle OP
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks great
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sweet... Suppressor??
View Quote

Yes it wears a YHM Titanium Phantom
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 12:09:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Tell me about the Kinetic rail.  I'd love to improve the grip on my SCAR, if I could remove the right and left rails I'd be happy.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 12:29:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I love it. I did a lot of research on the various extended rail options for the SCAR and the MREX was the clear winner for me. I really like the ascetics of it and I am with you. I didn't like having those side rails as I had no immediate use for them. With this rail, if I choose to add a light or something in future, the M-lock slots make it a breeze. One thing I will tell you is, that be sure you heat the barreled rail screw very well before attempting to remove for installation. I ended up stripped the hex screw and it took quite a bit of doing it get it out. I thought I was going to have to take it to a gunsmith. My heatgun is out on loaner and I didn't have a butane torch so I tried a hairdryer first then a soldering iron to heat screw and they didn't do much. I ended up having to hammer a bigger hex attachment into screw head and use a ratchet to get it out enough to grab with pliers to finish unscrewing. It was a headache but I am very happy with finished result. It feels so good just gripping rail itself, I may loose grip pod.

Thanks
Jason
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm at 10.2 pounds (no ammo or magazine) on my build so far.  What does your weigh?  

I guess removing my R and L rails isn't a simple procedure so I'm still searching for a way to lose weight and improve grip.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I have to throw mine Ina scale and see where I'm at. The rails come off pretty easy with just the 3 screws but I think one of those is nessasary to keep in. At least I think so as the first screw is a captive screw and its replaced when slipping the extended rail on
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I took out my other FN rifles for a family photo

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Great Looking rifle. What do you have invested in it If you don't mind me asking.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't mind you asking but I honest don't have those numbers. I do the best I can to forget shortly after spending it. lol I defiantly do not keep track on paper of individual components and guns. What are you trying to get me divorced?? lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top