Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a new bumpfire grip that's currently in development. Would be great if they make one for the M249.

Link Posted: 7/10/2016 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#2]
anyone had any issue with running 100rds nut sacks, or had any issues with the trigger bar/block/sear thing not resetting?

I've been running mine suppressed so maybe it was just dirty, but about every third round it would not reset the trigger for the first half of the belt. It was late at night and I was running M196 and Wolf Gold mix through it, so maybe it just didn't like the ammo but it was too dark to check to see what it was doing. I will play with it again this weekend and see what is going on. I've got 1k rounds through mine so far and it has been flawless until that last drum Friday night.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 9:12:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
anyone had any issue with running 100rds nut sacks, or had any issues with the trigger bar/block/sear thing not resetting?

I've been running mine suppressed so maybe it was just dirty, but about every third round it would not reset the trigger for the first half of the belt. It was late at night and I was running M196 and Wolf Gold mix through it, so maybe it just didn't like the ammo but it was too dark to check to see what it was doing. I will play with it again this weekend and see what is going on. I've got 1k rounds through mine so far and it has been flawless until that last drum Friday night.
View Quote

ive got a bit around 2k through mine now.  no issues.  including some of the ammo you mentioned along with wolf 55grn steel case.  no issues with the sacks.   i run it suppressed and unsuppressed.

make sure the safety is off when you are operating the bolt.  the safety on can eaily cause premature wear on the sear very very quickly and likely cause the issues you describe.  the manual and the insert they send with the gun says that operating the bolt with safety on can do this
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 2:37:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

ive got a bit around 2k through mine now.  no issues.  including some of the ammo you mentioned along with wolf 55grn steel case.  no issues with the sacks.   i run it suppressed and unsuppressed.

make sure the safety is off when you are operating the bolt.  the safety on can eaily cause premature wear on the sear very very quickly and likely cause the issues you describe.  the manual and the insert they send with the gun says that operating the bolt with safety on can do this
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any chance you reload? Does it destroy most of the brass?
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:10:29 AM EDT
[#6]
i do reload.   it doesnt and it can...  the cases eject downward with great force so if your shooting off a hard surface the case mouths can get a little ding.  i use a cotton towel to prevent the links and brass from bouncing far.  if you dont have a soft landing spot for the brass its nothing that wont be made round again in the sizing die.  just be sure to keep a magnetic floor sweeper handy for recovering links.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like ~ $8k - $8,200 is about the best deal on these right now? That place that had them for $7500 is sold out. Trying to talk myself out of it but it's not working

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Looks like ~ $8k - $8,200 is about the best deal on these right now? That place that had them for $7500 is sold out. Trying to talk myself out of it but it's not working

View Quote
Yea it looks like the minimum is right at $8k for a standard version. I saw a few go quickly at $7500 but they were gone in a matter of minutes. My local dealer has me on the list for one at $7500 but I have no idea when they will come in so who knows. These things have been selling like hot cakes which is crazy.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I talked to my FN sales rep, and he told me they are a standard production item now.  Production is not speedy, but it is not limited to a set number.  So those of us who have one on order with a favorite FFL should get taken care of.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 7:36:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw one at my local shop a few minutes ago.  In person, it makes you want it even more.

The one I saw was already sold...somewhere around $8500 I think.  

Too expensive for me for what it is, but it pulled way harder on my heartstrings than I thought it would.

Still waiting for my Michaels Machines MM23ek.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

I'm still saving up my money. Another 2-3 months and I'll have enough! Hope I can snag one then at that price.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I love the "idea" of owning one, but the reality is it's not going to happen. I can't justify that type of money for a heavy as hell rifle that really doesn't do anything that an AR-15 can't do.

I'm old now and 25 pounds worth of ammo and rifle isn't going anywhere unless it's permanently mounted on a truck. Has anyone checked availability of 100/200 round linked ammo carriers, their price and scarcity? I'm not counting the cost of a linking machine too.

Without the disintegrating links and the tool to assemble the belt this rifle becomes an overweight AR. It still looks FANTASTIC and puts a smile on my face.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:45:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I love the "idea" of owning one, but the reality is it's not going to happen. I can't justify that type of money for a heavy as hell rifle that really doesn't do anything that an AR-15 can't do.

I'm old now and 25 pounds worth of ammo and rifle isn't going anywhere unless it's permanently mounted on a truck. Has anyone checked availability of 100/200 round linked ammo carriers, their price and scarcity? I'm not counting the cost of a linking machine too.

Without the disintegrating links and the tool to assemble the belt this rifle becomes an overweight AR. It still looks FANTASTIC and puts a smile on my face.

View Quote

saw drums with new links typically called repack kits are about 40$  they hold 200 rounds.  i mainly buy the kits for the drums the new links are a bonusthe links are reusable and you do not need a linker.   takes me about 5 to 10 minutes to link 200 by hand.  1000 brand new links which are reusable run around 60$ to 69$.   i have had no issues getting links and have about 5k on hand atm.   ive got 10 drums and my regular ar15 mags work with it just fine.  the drums are not neccessary either just a convienence.  

it takes 7 mags to hold 200 rounds.  thats about 96$  my 249s holds 200 rounds for 40$ AND i do not have to swap mags every 30rounds.   so saying it does nothing an ar cant do is a bit of untruth.    i can easily go into more depth on that like... targets at 300yds or more i can get far more rounds on target faster than any ar15 or other shoulder fired rifle.   about the time my 249s hits round 200 its just getting a bit warm.  an ar15  your very deep into wondering if the gas tube is gonna pop.    there is not an ar15 built that can match the sustained fire rate of a 249s.

saying an ar15 is just as good is like saying a 45acp bond arms derringer is the same as a 1911 or glock 21 because they both shoot 45acp.

i just get that line a lot. heh.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 8:52:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Think I'm going to get the M249s as my next purchase.

But a part of me wonders if I should get a 300blk MCX, Steyr AUG, CZ Bren, and a Sig SG553 instead.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Has anyone checked availability of 100/200 round linked ammo carriers, their price and scarcity? I'm not counting the cost of a linking machine too.

View Quote

A few weeks ago I paid $130 for a lot of 17 100-round SAW woodland camo drums on Ebay.  I have 4 new 200-plastic drums, with links and 10 starter taps which I paid $80 for.  I paid $175 for a box of 5,000 SAW links on http://www.sturmgewehr.com/.  You don't need a linking machine.  It's not hard to link them by hand, unlike the RPD or PKM links which I've done by hand.

A lot of people think these are nothing more than heavy-ass AR.  It's very ignorant.  It's a great copy of a factory-produced (FNH no less!) machinegun which has been used by the US military for the past 30 years and isn't going away anytime soon.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:52:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A lot of people think these are nothing more than heavy-ass AR.  It's very ignorant.  It's a great copy of a factory-produced (FNH no less!) machinegun which has been used by the US military for the past 30 years and isn't going away anytime soon.
View Quote

Yeah I never get that argument.  They're just trying to make themselves feel better.  People don't buy these just because they want to shoot 5.56.  I welcome any gun to the market that is NOT an AR.  I love ARs, but I also love variety.  In fact, I don't like seeing other guns having parts fabricated to be more "AR" like, simply for the modularity.  What fun is that!?  Or I often here, "if it took AR mags I might be interested."  Oh well, to each their own.

And yes SAW links are relatively cheap.  I have 2000 I bought for I wanna say $60.  A casual evening in front of the TV watching my favorite movie and I can have several 100 round belts linked up by hand.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I think that I am done!!!!! KAC RAS, Improved Bipod, Para barrel lengthened to over 16 inches, collapsible stock

Lynn

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think that I am done!!!!! KAC RAS, Improved Bipod, Para barrel lengthened to over 16 inches, collapsible stock

Lynn

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/hk24/media/DSC_6450.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v697/hk24/DSC_6450.jpg</a>
View Quote

Now that's what I'm talking about!  Finally an alternate configuration from stock.  That's exactly how I would set it up as well.  The para stock looks awesome too, but I'm partial to the Savit one.

So it sounds like you didn't cut down the stock barrel?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#20]
HK24, where'd you get the KAC RAS?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#21]
If you have the money, I bet its something that when you shoot it, you can't help but have a big grin on your face. Even in semi auto.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#22]
I paid 7k plus tax from a LGS

Very happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:40:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I paid 7k plus tax from a LGS

Very happy with it.
View Quote

Have you shot it?  If so, range report? nothing fancy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Shot approx 200 reds of belted 556 a 30 rd mag of m193 and some 556 tracer (had to stop that too dry out)
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Took a Para barrel and had my gunsmith make an adapter that he permanently attached to the barrel, then permanently attached the AAC to the adapter, It is about 16.75 inches now, Para barrels are 14.1 inches and threaded 9/16-24 LH.

HK24, where'd you get the KAC RAS? Got the RAS off ebay and from the UK no less.

Lynn
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Took a Para barrel and had my gunsmith make an adapter that he permanently attached to the barrel, then permanently attached the AAC to the adapter, It is about 16.75 inches now, Para barrels are 14.1 inches and threaded 9/16-24 LH.

HK24, where'd you get the KAC RAS? Got the RAS off ebay and from the UK no less.

Lynn
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lynn
Ah okay.  I saw those.  He had two.  Good buy
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#27]
I spoke to an FN rep yesterday and got to shoot one of these finally.  What a cool gun, lots of fun.  Not sure if I can justify the price, but it was pretty awesome.

According to the rep, there's good news for us going forward.

- Semi 240 is indeed in the pipeline

- A para 249 is likely as well

- SCAR manufacturing is getting moved stateside, which means we're getting SCAR pistols and factory SBRs

- New rifle to be released at SHOT.  Will be a SCAR/M4 hybrid of some sort, piston driven.  Price point in the $1400-1800 range.

Exciting stuff in the future!
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 1:31:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 12:11:22 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 9:58:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Im tardy to the party here, still gonna add my .2 in anyways,

1. the .gov doesn't pay anywhere near that amount for a fully automatic one.

2. at this point its a heavy ass belt fed AR. an AR will literally do everything this does.

3. the m240 is better........

All those valid points aside if you have the money and you just have to have it buy it........ I will not be a buyer even if I have the money. having a lot of time on both this and its bigger brother I don't see the WOW factor that they are going for here. nothing beats a 240 chewing through belts and watching the tracers fly down range! Its Murica, if you want it, buy it.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I spoke to an FN rep yesterday and got to shoot one of these finally.  What a cool gun, lots of fun.  Not sure if I can justify the price, but it was pretty awesome.

- SCAR manufacturing is getting moved stateside, which means we're getting SCAR pistols and factory SBRs

- New rifle to be released at SHOT.  Will be a SCAR/M4 hybrid of some sort, piston driven.  Price point in the $1400-1800 range.

View Quote

That is exciting news.

I wish they'd do their suppressors here.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Just picked mine up today sn 80x.

I have a few link questions.  I know there are two main types of M27 links-those with holes and those without. Also many manufacturers.  The gun came with the no hole links-I think the FN videos on youtube show links with holes.  My understanding is that the ones without holes are original M249 links made since the 1980s and the ones with holes were designed more recently and possibly for HK beltfeds. As I understand it the two do have very slight physical differences.  My question is does it matter if I use M27s with holes or without.  Do the various makes matter?  Are there M27s to stay away from?
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#34]
ive used ares sourced links and fn links and unknown.  

i do not see why the holed version would not work if the link is made ofvthe correct steel and correct dimensions.  the m249 feed tray cover pawls do not come into contact with that portion of the link.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 9:57:34 AM EDT
[#35]
I have plenty of the normal 200rd ammo boxes and links- but can anyone point me to where I can find the smaller fabric ammo bags?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 2:20:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I have plenty of the normal 200rd ammo boxes and links- but can anyone point me to where I can find the smaller fabric ammo bags?

Thanks!
View Quote
Check ebay and gunbroker.  Most people want $20-$40 a piece for them, which is too rich for me.

I got a lot of 17 100-round pouches on ebay not too long ago for $130.  Just keep your eyes open.

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

This news almost needs it's own thread! So much win in one post.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Factory SCAR SBR's would be so freaking awesome!
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 7:19:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 12:54:43 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't have real mil one side by side to compare- is the flash hider on the M249S the same exact one used in the issued configuration?  Would a mil BFA fit and function fine on the M249S?
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 3:08:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I don't have real mil one side by side to compare- is the flash hider on the M249S the same exact one used in the issued configuration?  Would a mil BFA fit and function fine on the M249S?
View Quote
Yes and yes
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Ohio Ordnance has been making and selling high quality semi 240 belt feds for several years now.  But I don't see much interest at their list price of 13.9K (have seen one new one for sale as low as 12K).  

What makes you think that FN semi 240 is going to be any cheaper?
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View Quote
Has anyone said that?  I don't think it would be much cheaper.  Maybe $12,000.  However it will be made by the world premier machine gun manufacture so it will be more desirable than the Ohio Ord. model.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#44]
I took a gamble and ordered the OOW M240.  I was being told no FN M240S in the pipeline, and I figured even if there was one in the works it could be years before we see it, and I couldn't wait that long.  Now if it shows up next year I'd be kicking myself a little!
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Has anyone said that?  I don't think it would be much cheaper.  Maybe $12,000.  However it will be made by the world premier machine gun manufacture so it will be more desirable than the Ohio Ord. model.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is impossible to say with the info currently available.  

The mil contract cost on the M240 is roughly 3x the contract cost on the M249.  But there is no way FN is planning on selling theirs for 3x the M249S hits the market at.  

Time will tell...
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:16:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thanks!
View Quote

Re: links,

Do you have to link rds by hand, 1 at a time, or is there a device?

I also suspect that links are easily lost, so is there a commercial source?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:37:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Re: links,

Do you have to links rds by hand, 1 at a time, or is there a device?

I also suspect that links are easily lost, so is there a commercial source?
View Quote

Linkers are available but not cheap.  5.56x45mm is very easy to load by hand, though.

Links are cheap and easy to find, however.  Do a search for "5.56 m27 links" and you'll get lots of sources and listings.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Very easy to pick up at the range with a stick magnet.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Local shop has one with 3 stocks for $8,999
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 1:16:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top