Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2015 10:30:14 PM EDT
Does anyone use a suppressor threaded directly on your 17?  Asked in the suppressor forum,  no luck.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:27:03 PM EDT
[#1]
There was a thread about this the other day. I've used my TBAC 30P-1on my SCAR several times.
Remove brake, leave lock nut on, screw on suppressor and tighten again nut, verify everything is concentric by looking down barrel and suppressor making sure you see no partial blockings.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:43:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, thank you for replying again.  Was just seeing if anyone else would weigh in.  Would love to hear, "heck yeah,  its the only way to go". Or,  "yeah,  FN recommends only FH mounts"  Just don't like to have to constantly worry about a baffle strike.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:52:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Got a YHM Q.D. brake on mine. Don't have a direct thread suppressor except for rimfire.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got an AAC 240SD suppressor that I mount on mine with the AAC Blackout FH mount. I use this same set up on all of my semi-auto rifles.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I do. I'm running an Allen Eng AE-30 on a factory 13". Barrel work done by ADCO for taper. Has like a sleave/collar from gas block out. You could say its a heavier profile. On the up side I have a shoulder. I Have a smaller collar for the 16". Ran 100's of rounds though both set ups no problem.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I tried my cyclone on a 17 once, but it didn't want to stay tight.  I didn't use a locknut because I was afraid it wouldn't be square.  
Has anyone ever used a thread locker of some type, like rocksett or something?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top