Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2015 8:33:37 PM EDT
Saw this on fnorum, new stock from kinetic dev.  This pic came from the facebook of Darren Mellors, CEO of Kinetic Dev

Edit: After posting the kinetic Dev group stock, my buddy sent me an email with this Stryker enterprises stock.  This picture is from Stryker's facebook page

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Sure those aren't the same ACR stock adapters?

ETA: Guess that there is a slight difference. Strange that two companies would have adapters that similar at the same time.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure those aren't the same ACR stock adapters?

ETA: Guess that there is a slight difference. Strange that two companies would have adapters that similar at the same time.
View Quote

That's what my buddy suggested as well. I can't say if they are or not, but the first is definitely from The Facebook of Kinetic's CEO. I got that myself after seeing it on FnForum. The second is from Stryker Enterprises facebook page.

Apparently, it looks like it may just be convergent evolution
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:35:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't see anything on the FN forums about it, do you have a link?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:04:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

It looks like the thread was deleted
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:40:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Honestly the ACR stock looks good on the scar
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 12:57:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not surprised...

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:04:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am not surprised...  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am not surprised...  
Nor am I...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:17:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is weird. Patent dispute? I want one.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:28:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which is weird. Patent dispute? I want one.
View Quote

That site frequently goes out of its way to blacklist vendors (or even any mention of them) who aren't paying for their web hosting fees in order to protect the one(s) that do.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Interesting but, in all honesty, not a significant enough departure from OEM to get me interested.

And the fact that it is associated with deleted posts, etc. really makes me not want one. The FNForums are more noise than signal, but the occasional gem of info is found there.

I would much prefer the FN OEM PDW stock or a skeletonized stock like that on the HK UMP or G36.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 10:20:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm very happy to see this option for the SCAR Heavy specifically.  Anybody who has significant range time on the Heavy knows that they angled cheek comb will beat your face up pretty badly to the point of potentially inducing flinch by the end of the day.  This is exacerbated when the cheek comb is in the "up" position for certain optic configurations.  Having the cheek comb nearly parallel to the bore AND of sufficient height for a proper cheek-weld/sight alignment is huge!  There are other options currently available that allow the user to do that, but this is the most elegant solution I've seen yet.

Stephen
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:41:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
We will have them shortly and post up a detailed product review along with pics.  Kinetic will be offering the mount and stock as a "kit".  Not sure what the other company is doing.
View Quote

Awesome!  Any idea on the pricing?  Assuming they will be offered in both FDE and Black?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:26:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Any word on weight? I'd like to keep this 17 on a strict diet...can't let her go getting fat on me.

I was stoked that the VLTOR stock weighs 0.3 oz. LESS than the factory unit, haha. Looking at it I figured it would've been heavier.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 11:44:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Here's a link to the FNForum thread. I hold no loyalties to either site or company and honestly I like my SCARs stock so this is just for information. Always good to see vendors making new products for the SCAR

http://fnforum.net/forums/scar-accessories-scopes-mods/67110-stryker-acr-stock-adapter.html
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:25:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Here's a link to the FNForum thread. I hold no loyalties to either site or company and honestly I like my SCARs stock so this is just for information. Always good to see vendors making new products for the SCAR

http://fnforum.net/forums/scar-accessories-scopes-mods/67110-stryker-acr-stock-adapter.html
View Quote

That's a new thread, we'll see if that one gets closed as well. Somehow doubt it now though, it seems the two manufacturers are being open about it now
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Yep, the mods over there are a bit touchy and do seem to overly side with site sponsors. They shut down threads, clean threads, delete threads and ban people quite often. If you want to be a member there you have to bite your tongue when posting.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:41:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Do you have a time frame?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top