Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2015 3:44:35 AM EDT
Does anyone have experience with FN customer service?

I was thinking about a SCAR 17 but after viewing some posts on FN forum regarding some difficulties with their CS is having me second guess this decision, especially since it's a different style of weapon that I don't have experience with and wouldn't want to work on my own or purchase my own parts for if something was to break during normal use.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:12:39 AM EDT
[#1]
While it did take them longer than quoted, I sent in a few FNP45 mags where the followers weren't functioning, getting jammed. Sent in 3 14'ers and 2 15'ers. Got 5 15'ers back. All brand new. Every company will have some hiccups.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:06:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
While it did take them longer than quoted, I sent in a few FNP45 mags where the followers weren't functioning, getting jammed. Sent in 3 14'ers and 2 15'ers. Got 5 15'ers back. All brand new. Every company will have some hiccups.
View Quote

That's great to hear.

I was just concerned that all I can find were negative reviews and no one jumping up about how great FN customer service was. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Was pretty much non-existent for my FS2000. would not respond to phone or e-mail.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Easy to get a real person on the phone and they've been nothing but helpful. We'll see how my 17 with a crooked barrel is taken care of in a couple weeks.

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a brand new scar 17s with a defective bolt carrier. It took me weeks of throttling their ass on social media to get anything done. I spoke to people on the phone, made no difference. They went from "The part may not be available for 10 weeks and and your rifle to us to hang on to it"...to "We found the replacement part and will ship a new one right away."

You have to ride their ass. That's for a $2800 rifle for God sakes. I own multiple FN products so it wasn't my first rodeo with those clowns but you better have a backup plan if you need something fom them. I speak from experience. Oh btw don't bother trying to solicit helpful responses from another forum which shall not be named because it's all too biased and over moderated. All this said would I buy another FN SCAR? YES! It's a fantastic platform.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#6]
They're replacing my rifle. I'm pleased.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 8:06:14 AM EDT
[#7]
FN customer service sucks ( if you are a civilian)  but might be different if you are LE or .gov.

I had a brand new FN FNP tactical 45 that went kaboom. I had to send it back to the factory on my dime and wait about a month to get it back. Once I got it back I promptly sold it.
FN / new designed pistols suck IMHO and FN dabbles in the civilian sales market and it's not their core focus or support.
I love my FN SPR rifle but getting spare factory mags proved impossible at the time so I converted it to AI-AICS mags and problem solved.

There are lots of other companies that focus & support the civilian market WAY better than FN and unless you absolutely have to have an FN product they are not on the top of my list as wanting to make a purchase from of anything for crappy support.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#8]
They have sent me replacement parts (under warranty) with no issues...

I think their CS is OK for a large company.
It was better when they handled it themselves (as a smaller company).

Now that it is handled by Browning, you are dealing with a Big Company CS, so it surely will not be quite as fast, but they still seem to come though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:19:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I cannot think of any other major gun company with worse customer service. Like someone said, only if you are an FN junkie. Otherwise, too many other good options on the market to deal with this Belgium BS
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

FN customer service sucks ( if you are a civilian)  but might be different if you are LE or .gov.

I had a brand new FN FNP tactical 45 that went kaboom. I had to send it back to the factory on my dime and wait about a month to get it back. Once I got it back I promptly sold it.

FN / new designed pistols suck IMHO and FN dabbles in the civilian sales market and it's not their core focus or support.

I love my FN SPR rifle but getting spare factory mags proved impossible at the time so I converted it to AI-AICS mags and problem solved.

There are lots of other companies that focus & support the civilian market WAY better than FN and unless you absolutely have to have an FN product they are not on the top of my list as wanting to make a purchase from of anything for crappy support.

View Quote

Do you have more details? Because most of the time a kaboom is ammo related...
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my case the chamber was oversized. That plus the unsupported area and a weak brass case and it went kaboom.
It blew the ambi safety off and burned my hand slightly.

The same gun I fired Wolf steel case ammo from and the fired steel cases were slightly bulged. The ammo (brass) that failed worked / workes fine in my other handguns.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 3:08:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I haven't had the best customer service through them the few times I needed them. They WILL NOT send parts...they need the whole gun always. I just purchased another new scar17 and it has what looks like bolt face erosion. I wouldn't care about it usually but this is a new gun which they are still refusing to trade out the bolt (need the whole gun to stick a bolt into). I won't see it for months if I sent it in so I'm ignoring it. I sent an fnp9 in a while ago for a broken sear and they had it for 4 months....totally unacceptable for repairs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top