Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2015 4:04:32 AM EDT
Just a little heads up to hopefully save others the headaches of dealing with Great Machine LLC.
In July i ordered a bunch of parts from Eric over the phone, he seemed to be a very decent guy and he
assured me my parts would be shipped once they were ready. About 3 weeks later I got a box with some
of the parts, and after speaking on the phone a few more times i continued to be patient. I have been given
the run around for 6 months over the phone and all of my email messages have gone unanswered.

I was finally able to reach Eric over the phone to canceled my order a month ago and was told I would be refunded
the balance for my order. (about $700)

Needless to say there has been no communication and no refund. Buyers beware of Great Machine LLC or Gunbroker
user Racingguy2.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
You are not the only one with this kind of story......
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:00:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the heads up.  The M249 is on my list of purchases this year, although I don't have the skills to build one from a parts kit.  Do you know much about the vendor on Gunbroker selling the M249s, HighPoweredArmory?  I'm not sure if they're affiliated withe Great Machine or buy parts kits from them or what exactly.

I know the other well known player is MGA, but I'm not sure who is the better company to deal with.

Sorry to take this thread a little off topic...but I thought you might have some knowledge on the subject.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:11:01 AM EDT
[#3]
It is my understanding that Great Machine is supplying these MK46 rifles to High Powered Armory, I havent delt with them.
I got a finished reciever off gunbroker that was built by Eric at Great Machine,
I later contacted him and asked about the rifles being sold on GB and he told me they were made by him, You might be safe going thru
High Powered Armory it seems like a reputable business.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Just FWIW, High Powered Armory is not the best regarded for their gunbroker sales in the Retro sub-forum, a Google search should produce most of the background there, but just FYSA.  

~Augee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top