Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2014 7:26:59 PM EDT
Looking for an extension for my 17 that will cover up the tiny bit of barrel still visible when using my OSS suppressor.
Any ideas?
OD looks about 1 3/4 inch.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:06:26 AM EDT
[#1]
The Tango Down VLTOR forearm would be the only one I would think would cover a suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Looking for an extension for my 17 that will cover up the tiny bit of barrel still visible when using my OSS suppressor.
Any ideas?
View Quote

We have used VLTOR SCAR rails w/extension to great success with OSS cans
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I've never shot a scar with a covered can but every ar style i ever shot with rail over a can sucked after a mag or two. Those rails get hot as hell with a can in the middle. Something to think about.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any ideas?

I was on the phone with you the other day.

Wound up not shipping due to a cranky FFL on my side.
Taking a time out for the holidays. Will be back in touch. Thanks for the good info.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 10:44:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've never shot a scar with a covered can but every ar style i ever shot with rail over a can sucked after a mag or two. Those rails get hot as hell with a can in the middle. Something to think about.
View Quote

That would be consistent with my experience. The only guns worth shooting with a hand guard covering the can are rimfire and pistol caliber.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That would be consistent with my experience. The only guns worth shooting with a hand guard covering the can are rimfire and pistol caliber.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent advice. Thanks.

I am going to just let this project sit for a while. I am still getting adjusted to the rifle with the suppressor and a few other meaningful upgrades.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.300 blackout shooting subs also works great for this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top