Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2014 10:28:19 AM EDT
One of the few things I dislike about my Scar is it being front heavy. Anyone go from a 16 inch to 13 or maybe 14 and it balanced better? Loaded my setup balances on the front of the magwell. I would like that to move back behind the magwell or to the trigger.

Jeff
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got the 13" factory barrel assembly on mine.  The balance is a bit better, but 16" didnt bother me.  It was just too damn long with a suppressor.  The 3" makes the most difference for me when I have the can on it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got the 13" factory barrel assembly on mine.  The balance is a bit better, but 16" didnt bother me.  It was just too damn long with a suppressor.  The 3" makes the most difference for me when I have the can on it.
http://s25.postimg.org/d23271gtr/unnamed_1.jpg
View Quote

This right here.

I chopped my factory barrel to 13" and with the can It's a big difference.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I can definitely see the advantage with a suppressor mounted.

Dabeamz

How is you cut barrel holding up? I like the much cheaper option of having it cut than spending 1K+ on a new barrel.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 9:33:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I cut down my original barrel to 13" and later bought a replacement 16" barrel.  I prefer the 16" barrel actually.  I forgot to put a can on the 13" barrel and haven't swapped my barrels back in awhile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top