Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2014 1:14:53 PM EDT
I noticed this dis coloring around my scar 16 chamber.  I am talking about the brown around the otherwise shiny silver chamber.  My 17 does not look like this, is this normal for a 16?

Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:54:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Tried using a solvent to get it off?? Hoppe no 9?
Hard to tell is that exposed Al or build up?
What kind of ammo you shooting?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried using some CLP on it to no avail.  Gun is new and hasn't been to the range yet, so I'm assuming it's not from ammo.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like the chroming of the chamber. Perfectly normal mine looks exactly the same. Just shoot it
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 4:58:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like the chroming of the chamber. Perfectly normal mine looks exactly the same. Just shoot it
View Quote

Not sure how that would happen as the barrel is made and CL-ed separate from the receiver.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I noticed this dis coloring around my scar 16 chamber.  I am talking about the brown around the otherwise shiny silver chamber.  My 17 does not look like this, is this normal for a 16?
View Quote

Can you highlight what you are seeing?
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#6]

The area in question is where the red line are pointing in the chamber.  According to the FN forums it is carbon build up, which is interesting for a brand new gun.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine looks exactly the same.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:34:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Mine looks exactly the same.
View Quote

Okay good, now I can have a few drinks to get my OCD under control.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not sure how that would happen as the barrel is made and CL-ed separate from the receiver.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The barrel and receiver extension are two separate pieces.  I think he's talking about the dividing line between the two.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://i58.tinypic.com/2n99e9s.jpg

The area in question is where the red line are pointing in the chamber.  According to the FN forums it is carbon build up, which is interesting for a brand new gun.
View Quote

All Scars are factory test fired for function, some more than others.
Chromelining can vary as to the amount of overflow on the muzzle or chamber also
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top