Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/5/2014 12:38:46 PM EDT
A big drop as in Tavor price range? If they dropped to $1700 I would probably get one or $1500 and I'd have one asap.
Even a used in new condition I'd go for.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not holding my breath but if the scar 16 and 17 went down to $1500 to $2000 range respectively I would have to pick up one of each.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#2]
If they can sell them at $2500 to $3000 why would they start selling them for $1500? If other companies besides FN were making them then the price would come down like AR's but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Aren't they supposed to be cheaper to mass produce than an AR?

I see your point but maybe if they sold for much less they'd sell 3 or 4 for ever one they sell now?
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 2:00:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I see your point but maybe if they sold for much less they'd sell 3 or 4 for ever one they sell now?
View Quote

There primary focus is military orders for a lot of countries that keep their factories very busy. The civilian market is very much secondary to them. And they still have no problem selling every single one they make for their current prices.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

As Tengo stated they are already producing at capacity and moving their inventory as fast as product comes off the line. Current supply and market demand is balanced leaning in their favor, there's no incentive for FN to disrupt that equilibrium. Unless of course, you anticipate an international corporate arms manufacturer to do so out of the goodness in their heart.

Perhaps we might have seen an increased availability of these rifles and subsequent reduction in MSRP had FN chosen to open full commercial production out of South Carolina. Instead we got the FN-15.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 7:26:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Remember the Maine
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:32:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Remember how the FS2000 was well over $2000 for the longest time?  Then BAM! They suddenly started selling for $1300-1400 all of a sudden to anybody and everybody?  Or the PS90 which was $1100-1400 forever and then they started selling them to LE/Mil for $850?  I say that just to remind people that FN has had sudden price changes in the past. Nothing magical about the SCAR, the receiver is just an aluminum extrusion and a huge number of parts are plastic that costs very little to mold.  If there was some sudden change in the rifle market I'm sure we would be seeing $1,000 SCARs in no time at all.  Until then FN will continue to enjoy making a tidy profit on them.
View Quote

$1,000 SCAR's are never gonna happen.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:55:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Remember how the FS2000 was well over $2000 for the longest time?  Then BAM! They suddenly started selling for $1300-1400 all of a sudden to anybody and everybody?  Or the PS90 which was $1100-1400 forever and then they started selling them to LE/Mil for $850?  I say that just to remind people that FN has had sudden price changes in the past. Nothing magical about the SCAR, the receiver is just an aluminum extrusion and a huge number of parts are plastic that costs very little to mold.  If there was some sudden change in the rifle market I'm sure we would be seeing $1,000 SCARs in no time at all.  Until then FN will continue to enjoy making a tidy profit on them.

ever

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:22:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
ever

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ever

Neva eva
eva eva
eva eva.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:25:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I think they have really dropped in price. a year ago they were selling for $3500+ Now Bud's has the 308 version in stock for $2,656.00 and the 223 for $2,293.00, while I agree they are overpriced as far as what it costs FN to make them and considering the amount of plastic molded parts they have, it's still a high quality rifle.  

I actually finally gave in and bought one (308 version) a couple weeks ago, shot it for the first time 2 days ago, it shoots nice and I love the light weight and I really love the iron sights, but for less than half the price you could get a FAL and IMHO not be left wanting.        

Back to the SCAR's sights, I love how the rear and front sights have the round aperture and you just line up the circles and always have the same distance on your cheek weld as far as distance from the rear sight, I feel this really makes it easy to have the exact same sight picture every time and that really improves accuracy.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:35:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Ok so lets say suck it up pay for one how are the replacement parts availability? Wear parts like extractor, springs, maybe eventually a barrel? Price?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Ok so lets say suck it up pay for one how are the replacement parts availability? Wear parts like extractor, springs, maybe eventually a barrel? Price?
View Quote

All parts except for springs are going to be more expensive then AR parts. Remember you have one company making them vs. 100.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

All parts except for springs are going to be more expensive then AR parts. Remember you have one company making them vs. 100.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they easy to get though?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:47:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks cetane very helpful
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:37:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Maybe when FN's patents expire on the rifle and more manufactures jump on that band wagon and begin producing the SCAR but I would not hold your breath that other producers jump at it like that.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:50:44 AM EDT
[#17]
You have to take the political climate into effect as well. I think that effects prices as much, if not more, than material concerns.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 8:00:12 AM EDT
[#18]
I agree that if they can make money off of them for $2,500, why drop the price?  I'd like to pick one up for at $2,000.  The sweet spot would be around the Tavor price range.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 11:28:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I agree that if they can make money off of them for $2,500, why drop the price?  I'd like to pick one up for at $2,000.  The sweet spot would be around the Tavor price range.
View Quote

I have seen the occasional used one go for a little over 2K but they still hold a good resale value.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#20]
because the Scar is a damn good rifle. hey maybe if Ferraris come down to 25000 , ill grab one or two myself...LOL

just suck it up and buy the thing.
i loaded some blasting ammo with surplus bullets, surplus powder, and a LC case.
i printed a tad over moa at 100 yards.... nuff said bro...
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 1:06:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Neva eva
eva eva
eva eva.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ever

Neva eva
eva eva
eva eva.

Barrel assembly alone is $1000
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Tons of them on the EE
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There primary focus is military orders for a lot of countries that keep their factories very busy. The civilian market is very much secondary to them. And they still have no problem selling every single one they make for their current prices.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The same for Elcan optics.
Specialty / niche market and no bargain prices when the primary buyer is a .gov entity.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Well I did it. Got a 17 in FDE

After shooting  

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Will Scars ever drop in price?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#26]
I think they will drop in price

I think that two primary elements that could cause this

#1 competition, #2 the military

#1 - I see very effective and refined options at the exact same price points. I see some very nioe rifles for less money. I am not a SCAR hater (although some may think so) I am a SCAR lover. But IMO is should be in the 1700 for 556 and 1900 for 762 versions. I think if they were priced in those ranges it would cut into the market share of the very nice 308 guns from LMT, SIG, RUGER and others. The SCAR L would be out of stock everywhere if priced @ 1600-1700.

I think SOCOM fanboi effect of the SCAR is fading.

#2 - I know people in SOCOM who fucking hate and I mean fucking hate the SCAR, just so happens these guys are not the noobs either. If given a chance they would flush the whole system and all of SOCOM would have HK 416's and 417's. If they ever get their way, the SCAR will sit atop the gun that could have but just didnt pile of history.

If the Mk.17 is ever shit canned by SOCOM the civilian price will be cut by 40% overnight.  FN is making bank on it being expensive and exclusive, because it's used by regiment, NSW, and SF.  SOCOM stops using it, that shit is over.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If the Mk.17 is ever shit canned by SOCOM the civilian price will be cut by 40% overnight.
View Quote

The Mk 16 was "shit canned by SOCOM"... pricing hasn't budged.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Will Scars ever drop in price?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
View Quote

Fixed.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 5:55:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the Mk.17 is ever shit canned by SOCOM the civilian price will be cut by 40% overnight.

true...good point... I still think if there are no SCARs in the .mil inventory...the demand will drop... which prices usually follow

I'd hope if the SCAR is getting phased out then they drop a civilian MK.20 to get that last gasp before is slides away
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

#1 - I see very effective and refined options at the exact same price points. I see some very nioe rifles for less money. I am not a SCAR hater (although some may think so) I am a SCAR lover. But IMO is should be in the 1700 for 556 and 1900 for 762 versions. I think if they were priced in those ranges it would cut into the market share of the very nice 308 guns from LMT, SIG, RUGER and others. The SCAR L would be out of stock everywhere if priced @ 1600-1700.

#2 - I know people in SOCOM who fucking hate and I mean fucking hate the SCAR, just so happens these guys are not the noobs either. If given a chance they would flush the whole system and all of SOCOM would have HK 416's and 417's. If they ever get their way, the SCAR will sit atop the gun that could have but just didnt pile of history.

If the Mk.17 is ever shit canned by SOCOM the civilian price will be cut by 40% overnight.  FN is making bank on it being expensive and exclusive, because it's used by regiment, NSW, and SF.  SOCOM stops using it, that shit is over.
View Quote

Why do they hate the Scar? 17? I can see not loving it but hate?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think they do hate it, maybe klrb929 does since the company he represents ( I.e. Handl) hasn't been awarded the contracts to "improve" the SCAR which was submitted to some of the most abusive testing the .mil could come up with and passed well enough to be accepted and purchased. Any opinion on what he thinks the rifle should cost are also b.s. as FNH are the ones who spent their money developing and testing the weapon system and are the one who are recouping those development costs through .gov and civilian sales. It's called a free market, hello...... do we hate capitalism now. Maybe if his company would build a quality product the .gov might give them a contract.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:27:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't think they do hate it, maybe klrb929 does since the company he represents ( I.e. Handl) hasn't been awarded the contracts to "improve" the SCAR which was submitted to some of the most abusive testing the .mil could come up with and passed well enough to be accepted and purchased. Any opinion on what he thinks the rifle should cost are also b.s. as FNH are the ones who spent their money developing and testing the weapon system and are the one who are recouping those development costs through .gov and civilian sales. It's called a free market, hello...... do we hate capitalism now. Maybe if his company would build a quality product the .gov might give them a contract.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Miss Flowers, what you think is inaccurate. Your statement is filled with faults, misconceptions, and outright falsehoods. I know you FNF types are very used to mods that erase posts and ban those who are not belching a particular Marine's sperm bubbles. Much like liberals away from MSNBC or NPR, when the deck is not stacked, the truth can be shocking, and I have buckets of it for you.  

#1 When I said I know people who fucking hate the gun, that is a true statement. If there is only one person in SF, NSW, or Regiment then my statement is true. There is alot more than one in each of those elements who fucking hate the gun.

#2 So Miss Flowers, I am not allowed to offer my opinion on what price points would be most effective for sales? I try my best to be courteous to ladies but your statements are out of line.

#3 I have said before that I am not an employee of Handl Defense, never have been. I have been an adviser only, as I don't want any conflict of interest issues. I have a great relationship with them as my opinion, that of the other advisers I brought in, and the entire network of guys we know is the basis for their research, product line, and the program to improve the Mk.17/Mk.20. It may amount to nothing, and if that is the case, so be it. We are trying to be part of the solution. (as opposed to saying the opinion of someone who is issued one is BS)

#4 Handl Defense has a very strict policy on it's employees posting anything online. (notice none of them do, not on FNF, M4, AR15,,not a peep). It all stems from what Fourm Foundry, FNFourms, it's members and sponsors allowed and effectively endorsed. I am not an employee so it does not apply, they starting paying me some money I'll STFU.

#5 Also where is evidence of these parts failing or not functioning? I know 2 years ago that there was an indexing issue with about 5% of the first 300, which Handl Defense immediately replaced any of anyone who had issues.

#6 Once again someone from FNF comes to AR15.com and espouses the libel, slander, and deformation of character consistent with those who use that site to push products and suppress competitors. Which mind you has happened to two of the site sponsors of this site as well. (mods feel free to PM me)

#7 Before my last trip to Bragg, Alan Handl and I had conversation, a conversation about HD pursuing legal action against Fourm Foundry, FNFourms, and some of its sponsors and members. The FBI IPRC had just sent back an email, validating the private investigator, the pieces were in place, but he knew it was going to be expensive. He knew it was going to be the lawsuit or the testing needed to do the recoil impulse mitigation and caliber conversions.

I told him to focus on products, judging by the actions of other FNF guys and girls in here, It looks like I made a mistake.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:28:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know people who hate, and I mean fucking hate, the M16.  It just so happens that these guys are Vietnam combat vets and if they had a choice they never would have given up their M14s.  

My point is this:  One common thread amongst all humans is a general resistance to change.  People like what they are familiar with and resist things that are not.  I spoke with one of the engineers at HK and I asked him why, why for God's sake did they keep the elongated, floating bolt carrier (and abhorrant but necessary buffer tube) when they knew the the end goal was a piston-driven rifle that would impart directional force on the carrier that the system was not designed for?  

His answer:  The U.S. military consultants involved in the project said they wanted the rifle to be as simlilar to, both in operation and appearance (get that?  Appearance!) an M4 as possible.  With the G36, HK refined an existing piston design and made it functionally perfect, albeit an ergonomic nightmare.  The next evolution of the G36, the XM8, crushed the competition (to include the SCAR and 416) in the dust test.  If reliability was absolutely at the top of the list of priorities, HK would have adhered to the AR18/G36 foundation and continued to improve it.  But change is scary, and giving up the black barbie doll altogether isn't something that many people are willing to do.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:47:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Copper..

I completely agree, that perception and tradition are very difficult to overcome. I also agree the SCAR is right where the M16 was in 1964-1965, the very front of it's development curve. That it COULD be the future of small arms, just not in its current state.

There so much the SCAR could be, while I think its fine in its current state, it could be so much more. IMO it's limited by refinement which is directly proportional to its cost. That if it is to lead the charge into AR series hegimony, the costs have to come down. Not only for the guns but more so for the parts. I know the Handl Defense Caliber Conversion kits are over $1000, I assume the HDD are at least as much. Super Scar triggers are 300+,  Fn spare barrels are over 1000

that is the true limitation to unlocking the systems potential

go pick up a SIG 716 and set a 17s right next to it and ask your self how can the scar be $700ish more expensive?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Sooo why do they hate it? Whats so bad about it other than the price tag?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#36]
well there is a plethora of reasons, from "see-saw" recoil, to breaking buttstocks, POI shifts when it gets hot, burning the shit out of your hands when it gets hot, cracking polymer pieces, crap magazines, some history of odd mechanical failures, ergonomics, all the way down to dudes no shit getting their beards stuck in the cheek piece.

that covers a chunk of it, there is more, but there are guys who like other things a lot more. and they way it got forced didnt win it any fans
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#37]
WAAAY too operator to come down in price, holmes.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Maybe when FN's patents expire on the rifle and more manufactures jump on that band wagon and begin producing the SCAR but I would not hold your breath that other producers jump at it like that.
View Quote

They'll move on to something new by that point and leave owners high and dry.

If the 17 gets ditched like the 16, FN will just stop or greatly reduce production ala the FS2000.

I'm kind of curious about their AR offerings of late.  I don't see those lasting long either seeing as everybody and their mother makes AR's.  Short-lived project at best.

As much as everyone thinks FN is tuned to the American market, we're basically getting table scraps.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#39]
one of the guys who used to work out south of manchester ... who has more skill than half this site put together ...said this a while back" the SCAR is being pushed by XXXXX but most recognize it as a piece of crap. It is not ready yet, not finished, and it sucks ergonomically." another said "I agree the 417 would have been worth waiting for" and "The SCAR sucks, everyone knows this. But XXXXX have pushed it and over funded it and now we have it." then another "recurring problems, like the butt-stock breaking" and "If the SCAR was any good conventional units would already be using them" if that was not enough "one of our guys started to take a heavy to the XXXXXXX and left it behind because it would not perform worth a s**t" want more "I've played with both the SCAR-L and H and didn't like them" how about"doing some maintenance on the SCARs...mostly replacing cracked trigger housings and cursing the little parts."

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:06:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
one of the guys who used to work out south of manchester ... who has more skill than half this site put together ...said this a while back" the SCAR is being pushed by XXXXX but most recognize it as a piece of crap. It is not ready yet, not finished, and it sucks ergonomically." another said "I agree the 417 would have been worth waiting for" and "The SCAR sucks, everyone knows this. But XXXXX have pushed it and over funded it and now we have it." then another "recurring problems, like the butt-stock breaking" and "If the SCAR was any good conventional units would already be using them" if that was not enough "one of our guys started to take a heavy to the XXXXXXX and left it behind because it would not perform worth a s**t" want more "I've played with both the SCAR-L and H and didn't like them" how about"doing some maintenance on the SCARs...mostly replacing cracked trigger housings and cursing the little parts."

View Quote

Gotta love those scientific analyses quoted.

This isn't to say that the SCAR--or any weapons system--is free from problems. Everything is a tradeoff. But posting that he-said-she-said nonsense is just...well...c'mon, man.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 7:36:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Haven't you been reading the thread?  Operators operationally don't like operating with the SCAR, so maybe that worn out line can be retired.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#43]
that magazine design has been around for 50 plus years. as FAL guys. i never heard thm complain.
never noticed see-saw recoil, i feel it has light recoil, and is extremely accurate.  if it get hot wear gloves.
i think the buttstock is very comfortable, overall i find it one of the best 308 battle rifles ever.

Quoted:
well there is a plethora of reasons, from "see-saw" recoil, to breaking buttstocks, POI shifts when it gets hot, burning the shit out of your hands when it gets hot, cracking polymer pieces, crap magazines, some history of odd mechanical failures, ergonomics, all the way down to dudes no shit getting their beards stuck in the cheek piece.

that covers a chunk of it, there is more, but there are guys who like other things a lot more. and they way it got forced didnt win it any fans
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#44]
i think its mostly the price that has people in a tizzy. suck it up like a man and pony up.$$$$....
i love mine and run it suppressed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 4:33:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

see-saw in full auto maybe? Mine with the factory brake is as controllable as my AR 5.56

It will still fire without a buttstock and I have always thought the buffer tube on an AR style rifle was a weak point

Doesn't the POI shift on every gun when hot?

I like the egronomics
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:02:05 PM EDT
[#46]
After reading my last couple of posts I think something got lost in the sauce there. So let me elaborate on my intent and perspective.

#1 I think the SCAR platform is a really good weapon, I own two and have a third on the way. It is light and could very well be the future of small arms. I think many of you in here might pick up that I hate the SCAR. I do not, if I did I would join the chorus of those seeking its demise.

read that again .... I really like the SCAR... but I am infatuated with what it could be.

#2 I view the SCAR like one of the ocean racing boats http://www.cigaretteracing.com/eng/50_marauder.php light, fast, big power. A fuck ton of fun, but you have to watch how hard you push that boat. These boats will go well over 100 mph on the water. More important than that, you need to think about where you use that boat, as badass as it is, its not made for stormy weather, or swells. Due to it's extreme light weight and the stress of its performance envelope you might find that after sustained hard use, that durability is not a high as something else.

Say something like this  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_V_Special_Operations_Craft  it is a bit heavier, still fast with big power, willing to take on some weight in the right places to extend durability and capacity.

#3 I am dedicated, to improving the platform. As anything I can do to improve what I carry needs to be done. While I am not going to go and trot out team guy after team guy to validate my points as the fallacy of that is pretty obvious. Plus I don't have access to the SF 368's that guys might have (and most likely didn't) fill out. What I do have is decades of extensive experience, a lot of rounds under that specific gun, the inability to quit, and a large network of other SME's that are willing to give unadulterated input.

I am obviously willing to share that knowledge and perspective for free.  

#4 Many of the by standers in here must wonder why the hostility. It is obvious many of the FNfourm implants take whatever I say with great contention. On FNFourms, I witnessed cronyism intermixed with dogmatic adherence to the support of the select inner circle. That site is dedicated to the protection of a few, when the interests of external sponsors conflicts with the economic interests of the inner circle, they are expelled as apostates, or beaten in the public square.  

FNFourms is actually very much organized like the Islamic Republic of Iran. It has a supreme leader, who through influence. manages all aspects of the organization, as he is the center of the worship of the strict ideologues. He has influence over the Guardian Council who insure adherence to their version of sharia, know to erase, change posts, and expel those who do not bow. While there is a president who manages the financial aspects of the organization, he is subservient to the will of the supreme leader.  

Know if your are a supplier of good and services, you will worship, you will bow, or be expelled.  Since I saw and called bullshit, and just like Iran, that place has persons with long histories of unethical if not criminal behavior (effecting ar15.com sponsors BTW). I am duty bound to do battle with the FnFourm implants. The truth is like a fire that burns though all attempts to conceal it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:03:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
After reading my last couple of posts I think something got lost in the sauce there. So let me elaborate on my intent and perspective.

#1 I think the SCAR platform is a really good weapon, I own two and have a third on the way. It is light and could very well be the future of small arms. I think many of you in here might pick up that I hate the SCAR. I do not, if I did I would join the chorus of those seeking its demise.

read that again .... I really like the SCAR... but I am infatuated with what it could be.

#2 I view the SCAR like one of the ocean racing boats http://www.cigaretteracing.com/eng/50_marauder.php light, fast, big power. A fuck ton of fun, but you have to watch how hard you push that boat. These boats will go well over 100 mph on the water. More important than that, you need to think about where you use that boat, as badass as it is, its not made for stormy weather, or swells. Due to it's extreme light weight and the stress of its performance envelope you might find that after sustained hard use, that durability is not a high as something else.

Say something like this  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_V_Special_Operations_Craft  it is a bit heavier, still fast with big power, willing to take on some weight in the right places to extend durability and capacity.

#3 I am dedicated, to improving the platform. As anything I can do to improve what I carry needs to be done. While I am not going to go and trot out team guy after team guy to validate my points as the fallacy of that is pretty obvious. Plus I don't have access to the SF 368's that guys might have (and most likely didn't) fill out. What I do have is decades of extensive experience, a lot of rounds under that specific gun, the inability to quit, and a large network of other SME's that are willing to give unadulterated input.

I am obviously willing to share that knowledge and perspective for free.  

#4 Many of the by standers in here must wonder why the hostility. It is obvious many of the FNfourm implants take whatever I say with great contention. On FNFourms, I witnessed cronyism intermixed with dogmatic adherence to the support of the select inner circle. That site is dedicated to the protection of a few, when the interests of external sponsors conflicts with the economic interests of the inner circle, they are expelled as apostates, or beaten in the public square.  

FNFourms is actually very much organized like the Islamic Republic of Iran. It has a supreme leader, who through influence. manages all aspects of the organization, as he is the center of the worship of the strict ideologues. He has influence over the Guardian Council who insure adherence to their version of sharia, know to erase, change posts, and expel those who do not bow. While there is a president who manages the financial aspects of the organization, he is subservient to the will of the supreme leader.  

Know if your are a supplier of good and services, you will worship, you will bow, or be expelled.  Since I saw and called bullshit, and just like Iran, that place has persons with long histories of unethical if not criminal behavior (effecting ar15.com sponsors BTW). I am duty bound to do battle with the FnFourm implants. The truth is like a fire that burns though all attempts to conceal it.
View Quote

One question I have for you is why the 417 would have been worth waiting for? Its heavy and failed the German DMR trials and the LMT MWS outperformed it in reliability and accuracy for the Brits.

To your FN forum rant give details, not a wild similes or you are as bad as the people you say are persecuting you and the rest of enlightened.

I don't even have an account on the FN forum but I go there a decent amount and many of the people that are knowledgeable and trying to improve the platform are there right along with the nonobjective fan-boys.
Let me clarify before hand I AM NOT AN IMPLANT.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:07:49 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Haven't you been reading the thread?  Operators operationally don't like operating with the SCAR, so maybe that worn out line can be retired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as the .mil continues to use the SCAR in photo ops, it shall remain operationally operator as fuck.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#49]
The FN forum is more courteous then arfcom as is the 6.8 forum, but I have been a supporting member long before I got my SCARs. I have only seen them to be friendly helpful people.

Oh and I used to tease the founder of the forum a pretty fair amount and never had a bad response from him

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The FN forum is more courteous then arfcom as is the 6.8 forum, but I have been a supporting member long before I got my SCARs. I have only seen them to be friendly helpful people.

Oh and I used to tease the founder of the forum a pretty fair amount and never had a bed response from him
View Quote

Sir,

I would say that is because you don't have a product that competes directly with the that of the "Ayatollah". I would say those that do will most likely respond in manner consistent with what I witnessed.

If the original founder of the site (the cerakote guy) is who you are talking about then I would agree.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top