Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 6:41:32 PM EDT
For so odd reason I have taken a liking to these ugly things.. However I know jack shit about them.. So in a nutshell whats the down and dirty about them, and how hard is it to find parts for them.. Is it true that FN has stopped making them?

thanks
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I would do a Google search as there is lots out there that doesn't need restated.

That said, my biggest complaint is the pinned factory comp. And parts are harder to find, but FN will take care of you if you run into any problems.

Other than that, I think it is handy and it never felt bulky to me. The front ejection is cool, especially for dexterity. The tri-rail is a must, and is cool with a hand stop or an AFG. The downer is that the charging handle is not reversible if I recall correctly, so lefties have to charge it AK-style. The charging handle doesn't reciprocate, but it also doesn't lock back on an empty mag.

To this the day, it's the only gun I regret selling. I did get a SCAR 16S with the funds, which is more customizable and is the bomb as a SBR.

As far as bullpups go, the FS2000 is the only one I have an interest in. I think the Tavor and the AUG are a tad more customizable, but there's just something awesome about the tactical tuna.

Whoops, looks like I ended up restating stuff anyway.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would do a Google search as there is lots out there that doesn't need restated.

That said, my biggest complaint is the pinned factory comp. And parts are harder to find, but FN will take care of you if you run into any problems.

Other than that, I think it is handy and it never felt bulky to me. The front ejection is cool, especially for dexterity. The tri-rail is a must, and is cool with a hand stop or an AFG. The downer is that the charging handle is not reversible if I recall correctly, so lefties have to charge it AK-style. The charging handle doesn't reciprocate, but it also doesn't lock back on an empty mag.

To this the day, it's the only gun I regret selling. I did get a SCAR 16S with the funds, which is more customizable and is the bomb as a SBR.

As far as bullpups go, the FS2000 is the only one I have an interest in. I think the Tavor and the AUG are a tad more customizable, but there's just something awesome about the tactical tuna.

Whoops, looks like I ended up restating stuff anyway.
View Quote

I agree, after buying a Tavor i have acquired a huge interest in bullpups.  My local shop had an FS2000 for sale so i went and fondled with it for a while.  Being a lefty also, it was very awkward to charge the weapon with my left hand.  I also was surprised with how much force it took to remove the magazine.  Other than the awkward operation of the charging handle the rifle was surprisingly light and comfortable, it looks big, bulky and heavy when you see images of them, but they are nice to hold and pretty light.  All in all for the money i decided to pass but if i ever saw one for around $1200 i would probably snatch one up .
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
fnforum.net

go there....doo eeet
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 12:49:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the Intel
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I liked mine and it would shoot perfectly and was very accurate. The magazine issue can be resolved by removing the rubber gasket in the mag well, as some others have done. It is not that difficult to remove the mags with the gasket intact.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Except the charging handle, perfect for us lefties
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Lefty here and I love mine.   The front eject works like a champ and the left side charging handle has never been an issue.   After reading internet horror stories about breaking handles I did install a judochop one just for piece of mind.    Goofy looks equate to excellent ergonomics once shouldered.

One other item that I haven't heard mentioned yet is how clean it shoots.   Tear down is super fast and I can do a full clean in about half the time it takes on an AR.

Link Posted: 7/4/2014 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Myself and a friend both bought FS2000s at the same time. He is left handed. He's very happy with his.  (As am I) It's way more ergonomic than it's given credit for.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

fnforum.net

go there....doo

View Quote
Thee man has opened the door to vast knowledge.

Not to mention the nice neat pile of brass to scoop up when you are done.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top