Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
$1149.99.  Given there are none on the market.  I think the MSRP price is an agreeable one.
Link Posted: 2/1/2014 2:59:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Got my preorder in with Copes for a 20 inch yesterday.
Thank you to Copes for offering the rifle at a good price.

Thanks,
Little_Bo
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Anything definitive on who is making the rifle and it's components?  Actual FN or just branded?
Link Posted: 2/3/2014 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anything definitive on who is making the rifle and it's components?  Actual FN or just branded?
View Quote

Recoil magazine came out with a special issue magazine called ZEROED that was all about FN's firearms. It has an article in it where they review the new FN15's. It states they are made at there Columbia, South Carolina plant where they make M-16's, M249's, etc. It did say however it is not made on the same assembly line as the M-16, but a completely separate part of the plant reserved for civilian rifles. It is FN made.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 2:42:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

the lack of the "F" marking next to the forging mark make me think is branded.
I'm curious to see the markings on the BCG.
so far the only FN marked part is the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are not branded. Even the FN reps at the SHOT shown said they make them in house.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 3:08:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They are not branded. Even the FN reps at the SHOT shown said they make them in house.
View Quote

good to hear that.

another  thing that made me think is that a dealer on TOS claims the RE is not made of 7075 alloy (is it even possible to tell the difference just by looking at it?!), the carbines come with a standard CAR buffer and 6 positions RE .
sounds odd from a USGI supplier..
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Both rifles are made by FN.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 9:37:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

good to hear that.

another  thing that made me think is that a dealer on TOS claims the RE is not made of 7075 alloy (is it even possible to tell the difference just by looking at it?!), the carbines come with a standard CAR buffer and 6 positions RE .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

good to hear that.

They are making these rifles for the civilian market. Not a government contract. Certain parts of the government "standard" like a 4 position buffer tube are only the standard because that's all there was 20 years ago. 6 positions gives you more adjustment, which is a good thing. It's 2014. There are truly parts for AR's today that are BETTER than Mil-spec. Now I'm not saying these rifles are better. Hardly, but I'm sure there damn nice guns.
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I agree with you Tengo tha milspec doesnt mean the best-thing-on-earth,
but if the rumors are true, making a RE out of a different alloy and using standard CAR buffers when milspec parts are already available in house doenst make sense at all.

btw dont get me wrong I'm not bashing FN.. I would really like to add an FN15 to my collection but I'm afraid they screwed up a good product.
people buy Colt because it's not an Oly and those same people are expecting the same hiquality from FN.
we will see.
Link Posted: 2/6/2014 12:14:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I agree with you Tengo tha milspec doesnt mean the best-thing-on-earth,
but if the rumors are true, making a RE out of a different alloy and using standard CAR buffers when milspec parts are already available in house doenst make sense at all.

btw dont get me wrong I'm not bashing FN.. I would really like to add an FN15 to my collection but I'm afraid they screwed up a good product.
people buy Colt because it's not an Oly and those same people are expecting the same hiquality from FN.
we will see.
View Quote

that post count is scary
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I just picked one up for $999
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 10:49:21 PM EDT
[#14]
when will the 20in rifles start shipping?
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 5:50:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Has anyone that picked one of these up taken some detailed pictures of the rifle and its assemblies?  What are your thoughts on it so far?
Link Posted: 2/16/2014 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#16]
I'll have one in stock mid week.
Link Posted: 2/20/2014 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#17]
I handled a 16" at a local gun shop yesterday. The lower is marked "multi" caliber with no "FN" logo on the left side, and the right side has a huge laser engraved rollmark. It looked cheesy. I'd rather have a Colt 6920.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The 20" rifles came in today

$999.99 and flat rate shipping of $9.95... $1,009.94

We have 8 additional 20" if anyone else is interested

Give us a call at 866 523 2673 M-F 9-5 EST
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Got my preorder in with Copes for a 20 inch yesterday.

Thank you to Copes for offering the rifle at a good price.

Thanks,

Little_Bo

The 20" rifles came in today

$999.99 and flat rate shipping of $9.95... $1,009.94

We have 8 additional 20" if anyone else is interested

Give us a call at 866 523 2673 M-F 9-5 EST
If you have one opened can you throw some pictures up?

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 11:39:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Online now...Enjoy guys
View Quote
Just so you know you have it listed as an A2 and not an A4 on your website.

Link Posted: 5/2/2014 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#23]
If you handled one in person;

Is the buffer carbine or h?
Is the front sight base f marked?

Living in SC I wanted one but no f marked front sight base and no h buffer make it a deal killer and better of with a 6920.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 4:45:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I saw a sporting goods store that had the 16" listed for $1099 but not in stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
anyone heard of a street price? I'm with you on FN15 rifle...i love FN...(repair/warranty service wait time is terrible though FYI) I am in the process of getting a repair done and it's been over a month and they haven't touched it yet. I sent a pistol to Smith and Wesson once..not only did they pay for shipping they also got it back to me in 9 business days from when it arrived...sorry for the rant.

I saw a sporting goods store that had the 16" listed for $1099 but not in stock.

If true, nice.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:14:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#26]
I bought a FNH FN15 20" rifle two weeks ago and here is what it has on it.  

- Barrel is gov't profile, chrome lined, broach rifled, stamped w/ FNH (logo) MP 1/7 5.56 NATO and with "F" marked FSB.
- Bolt is marked HPT/MPI with a unmarked carrier that is chrome lined with staked gas key.
- Upper receiver is from Cerro Forge, T marked, w/o FN's F stamped, M4 feed ramps, w/MilSpec carry handle.
- Lower receiver is from Cerro Forge, unblocked, low shelf with selector stops.
- Roll mark is plain looking with just "Model FN15", "Caliber Multi", Serial # and a White laser etched FNH logo is on the mag fence area.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 7:31:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Multi seems strange.
Link Posted: 6/29/2014 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#28]
It's a little dirty with over a thousand rounds through it so far but here are some pics.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:24:24 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm waiting for the Colt AR-15A4 rifle first, but I will still buy the FN 20" rifle afterwards... I only wished that FN would have "rolled" their logo on the left side of the receiver in a more traditional manner like Colt and Armalite verse the "laser engraving" on the right side since to me, IMHO, takes away from its military looks.  Other than that, FN rifles are winners!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#30]
I know what you mean they left enough room to put a logo on the other side.

Too bad they didn't stay with the original AR lower roll mark.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top