Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2010 5:31:28 PM EDT
I know a lot of you folks have been hoping for a polymer mag that'll work with the FS2000 without gutting the magwell gasket, so this might be your ticket.

Picked up a few of the new Lancer L5A mags from SKD's awesome group buy.  The L5A has been redesigned externally to dump the skirt and adjust some of the dimensions to better fit some of the newer Euro STANAG rifles like the ARX, SCAR, L85, etc.  They probably didn't design for the F(S)2000, but it seems to work.  Haven't range-tested it yet, but I hand-cycled it and it stripped off the mag okay.  It's a snug fit but not worse than the USGI mags, I think.  Next time I get out to the range, I'll give it a test, but figured some of you might be interested.

Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Please let us know!

I have a lancer that I ground the middle rib off of..
Works like a charm, but if L5As work with no mods I'm in
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 3:32:37 PM EDT
[#2]
And? Did it work?

There was someone on the FNH forum site also saying this, and I have more L5 mags than I care to have. On the other hand, I do like them in my AR as well - the lip prevents it from getting into the magwell further than it should, so you can use it as a monopod for prone shooting without worry.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Haven't been to the range yet.  Work blah blah whine whine.  Maybe tomorrow morning?  Gosh, peer pressure.
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Haven't been to the range yet.  Work blah blah whine whine.  Maybe tomorrow morning?  Gosh, peer pressure.

Looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2010 8:37:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looking forward to it.

Gosh, even more peer pressure!

All right, I fent this morning.  Verdict?  They are probably okay for range mags but I wouldn't use them in a "duty" or "survival" sense with the FS2000.  That criticism is specific to the FS2000, as I have found Lancers are absolutely flawless with my ARs.

I think I brought 4 or 5 L5As total.  Of these, I had 3 double feeds; once when loading the mag on an open bolt, and twice mid-string.  Clearing it involved open the toilet bowl lid and pushing the offending round out of the way, stripping the mag, and starting over.  I found the L5As to be difficult to remove (more than i remember from testing earlier in the week) and trying to rip them out on a double feed was nigh impossible.  Ah well, they run great with my ARs, so I'll just stick to feeding them to those.

Ultimately, I think FN should set up a deal with CProducts and include their 40 round magazines with the FS2000.  Those make the FS2000 a monster; the balance is perfect, the magazine seems bottomless, and the gun just runs like a sewing machine with them.  I need moar!
Link Posted: 7/24/2010 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looking forward to it.

All right, I fent this morning.  Verdict?  They are probably okay for range mags but I wouldn't use them in a "duty" or "survival" sense with the FS2000.  That criticism is specific to the FS2000, as I have found Lancers are absolutely flawless with my ARs.

I think I brought 4 or 5 L5As total.  Of these, I had 3 double feeds; once when loading the mag on an open bolt, and twice mid-string.  Clearing it involved open the toilet bowl lid and pushing the offending round out of the way, stripping the mag, and starting over.  I found the L5As to be difficult to remove (more than i remember from testing earlier in the week) and trying to rip them out on a double feed was nigh impossible.  Ah well, they run great with my ARs, so I'll just stick to feeding them to those.

Ultimately, I think FN should set up a deal with CProducts and include their 40 round magazines with the FS2000.  Those make the FS2000 a monster; the balance is perfect, the magazine seems bottomless, and the gun just runs like a sewing machine with them.  I need moar!

Good to know, thanks for the info.

By the way, could you post a picture of your FS with a 40 round mag installed? Im curious to know what it looks like.

Link Posted: 7/24/2010 10:56:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the review.

I find a similar view with my modified lancer
Although it has run flawlessly, I would never use it if I needed it for anything like a hunt
USGI with magpul enhanced followers work with perfection
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 7:19:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looking forward to it.

Good to know, thanks for the info.

By the way, could you post a picture of your FS with a 40 round mag installed? Im curious to know what it looks like.

Sure!  Sorry for the delay, was hanging out with the Findsgirl all weekend.  Removed the PK-AS optic; it's a good optic, but not a good optic for me.  So here's just plain boring FS2000:

Link Posted: 7/26/2010 1:59:46 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks
Link Posted: 7/29/2010 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Thanks for the test and range results.

I reckon I'll stick with good 'ol USGI/NATO mags. No biggie, since I have plenty of them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2010 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I found that the HK AR steel magazines work really well with FS2000. The weight balances the gun very well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top