Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2010 8:35:52 PM EDT
I know that some mags do and do not drop free.  Since I've got a bunch of Pmags my question is more about function.  I;'ve got old and new Pmags.  Do they all function in the SCAR regardless if they drop free?
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:02:44 AM EDT
[#1]
They should. Theres only one way to find out....
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 7:06:54 AM EDT
[#2]
With my pmags I have not had any failures with the ones that drop free or with the ones that don't.

I have run into another issue with the pmags where they won't allow the bolt to be released by pulling the charging handle to the rear.  This is not related to the drop free issue as far as I can tell.  It is easy to modify the pmag to allow the bolt to release (by pulling the CH to the rear) by removing a little of the material at the back of the mag with a Dremel.  If you look at the mag from the back where you would see the primers if the mag was loaded you will notice the pmag is oval in shape.  If you compare it to a metal mag you will see that the metal mag is rectangular in shape.  Remove a little of the material on the left of the oval and the mag will allow the bolt to release from the CH.

With all of my pmags the bolt releases as it should when using the bolt release button even before modification.

I found a person on another site who said his pmags do allow the bolt to release by pulling the charging handle to the rear (without modification), but so far he is the only person I've found that does not have the issue.

I'm not sure if the emags resolve the CH bolt release issue or not - I don't have any.  

I'd also like to know if emags run reliably in an AR?

If I didn't have a bunch of pmags I'd probably just stick to metal mags.  I like pmags and want all of my mags to work in all of my carbines.

Anyone who can chime in on the bolt release issue, please do.

Link Posted: 6/7/2010 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The only thing Pmags don't seem to do well in my SCAR to well is the last round bolt hold open.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top