BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:42:18 PM EDT
[#1]
gas block comes in the mail Tomorrow....ill give it a test run of 30-60 rounds on my parents farm on Friday......my suppressor for it should be here in a week or 2....curious if that will help control muzzle climb...suppressors seem to on subguns

im hoping to be able to unload 30 rounds on a silhouette and not just 3

i can with my UZI
I cant with my Ruger Kac556k

M16? would be nice if it could be controlled

Link Posted: 12/7/2016 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
gas block comes in the mail Tomorrow....ill give it a test run of 30-60 rounds on my parents farm on Friday......my suppressor for it should be here in a week or 2....curious if that will help control muzzle climb...suppressors seem to on subguns

im hoping to be able to unload 30 rounds on a silhouette and not just 3

i can with my UZI
I cant with my Ruger Kac556k

M16? would be nice if it could be controlled
View Quote

If you can't it's you. And I don't mean that to be a dick. It's super easy with an M16 to keep most of a mag dump onto a b27 at 25 yds.
Link Posted: 12/8/2016 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#3]
what a dick!

ha

on burst the 3rd shot was always in the head or over....it climbed on me....my Kac556k climbs a lot and there is no way i could ever keep it FA and be on target....hoping the M16 is easier....with the vert. forward grip and tuning the gas system my goal is a 100% controllable gun

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
what a dick!

ha

on burst the 3rd shot was always in the head or over....it climbed on me....my Kac556k climbs a lot and there is no way i could ever keep it FA and be on target....hoping the M16 is easier....with the vert. forward grip and tuning the gas system my goal is a 100% controllable gun
View Quote

I thought the M16 was hard to control when I first got mine too. But a few thousand rounds of full auto later and its easy. I can keep a whole mag on a human sized paper target out to 20-25 yard. Ive also learned to squeeze off a 3 round burst almost every trigger pull. Like anything, practice makes perfect.

A suppressor with an adjustable gas block helps too
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a new video of my son doing a nice 60 round dump.....so i have the trigger and the adjustable gas block in...ive got it tuned to barely work...1 click back down and it is not reliable....we are just shooting into the ground to test things out as there is not a good back stop in the area.

i notice the gun seems to speed up...this may be just my i-phone dealing with the sound....it may just be a sound change and not a speed change...i found it interesting

anyone want to give me a rpm?  looks like its throwing brass at 2 oclock.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb3wK5-U24o&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:  Here's a new video of my son doing a nice 60 round dump.....so i have the trigger and the adjustable gas block in...ive got it tuned to barely work...1 click back down and it is not reliable....we are just shooting into the ground to test things out as there is not a good back stop in the area.

i notice the gun seems to speed up...this may be just my i-phone dealing with the sound....it may just be a sound change and not a speed change...i found it interesting

View Quote

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb3wK5-U24o[/youtube]
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here's a new video of my son doing a nice 60 round dump.....so i have the trigger and the adjustable gas block in...ive got it tuned to barely work...1 click back down and it is not reliable....we are just shooting into the ground to test things out as there is not a good back stop in the area.

View Quote

I'm guessing 850. You should just buy a shot timer. They are inexpensive and you no longer need to guess.
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 8:06:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm guessing 850. You should just buy a shot timer. They are inexpensive and you no longer need to guess.
View Quote

I've actually used two shot timers with mine and the RoF is high enough that it doesn't register
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#9]
650 to 675

Around that range. I'm usually really close on my estimates.
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I've actually used two shot timers with mine and the RoF is high enough that it doesn't register
View Quote

When I first built mine it was suppressed and over gassed and was too high of a ROF to get recorded, probably 1000+ RPM. probably 800+ right now with adjustable gas block.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top