Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2016 7:07:47 PM EDT

Tried a new Titan 10" upper on my m16 and it ran great, 800 rounds and no issue except that my mag kept dropping out.
It doesn't drop mags with a M4 barrel.
Thinking the shorter barrel hits back harder.  I put a toothpick in the side of the mag release button and they did not drop.
The short barrels must shake things up a bit more shaping up the loose mag release button.  
But I love the Titan upper!  the fit and finish was much better than what I expected.
I will try a new button spring.  I was wondering if anyone had this issue with a shorter upper.

Thx
J
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
What lower do you have?
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Olympic  PAWS
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Think the hard kick could possibly damage the M16 lower??
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:29:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I changed out the mag catch parts with FN AR15 parts.  The FN spring was about 1/5th longer.
I was going to try it and see if it works.  Then thinking I am ok?    I dont want to damage the M16 lower.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 10:16:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Olympic  PAWS
View Quote

Normaly its the slot for mag catch is not deep enough, one easy way is to ben the mag catch. Ill send you one thats bent and ugly but works. I just milled the slot .005 at a time till a mil. Spec catch locked good on all mags.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top