BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2016 10:44:34 PM EDT
Found out my m16 got approved today i want a beer!!!!!! Another olympic m16
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 10:50:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!!! Say good bye to your stock pile of ammo.
Enjoy!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 11:40:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!

The M16/AR platform is so cool and so tough.

I love the MP5. The MP5 is awesome and all, but it's like a high maintenance sports car. Sexy...yes. But the ejector spring is fragile and always wearing out, the rollers are always wearing out, the hammer needs special timing, and the bolt is way over engineered and needs an annual physical. Taking apart a trigger pack requires an engineering degree, of sorts.

The M16/AR is American tough. It's simple to take apart. I've never seen an ejector spring wear out. The bolt is darned impossible to break, and if you're out of ammo in a firefight, you can use the bolt as a blunt force object.

Someone mentioned ammo, which brings me to the question I always ask...why do they sell 20 round boxes, when magazines are 30 rounds? It's like the hot dog and bun packaging of the gun world.

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 12:11:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats!

I love the MP5. The MP5 is awesome and all, but it's like a high maintenance sports car. Sexy...yes. But the ejector spring is fragile and always wearing out, the rollers are always wearing out, the hammer needs special timing, and the bolt is way over engineered and needs an annual physical. Taking apart a trigger pack requires an engineering degree, of sorts.

The M16/AR is American tough. It's simple to take apart. I've never seen an ejector spring wear out. The bolt is darned impossible to break, and if you're out of ammo in a firefight, you can use the bolt as a blunt force object.

Someone mentioned ammo, which brings me to the question I always ask...why do they sell 20 round boxes, when magazines are 30 rounds? It's like the hot dog and bun packaging of the gun world.

View Quote

Commercial ammo.  Real .mil packaged ammo comes in 30rd boxes on stripper clips.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 12:50:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Congrats!

View Quote

IMI does it right with 30 rounds per box, and to me it's the best M193 available.  Hot, clean, and more consistent than Lake City.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 12:53:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Make sure you leave an extra thick coat of CLP  on the barrel   when you  dump some mags. for the  sweet smell of freedom  

Good for you OP.    
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:07:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Fun stuff! Once worked on by a gunsmith the oly RRs really give you the best bang for the buck.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fun stuff! Once worked on by a gunsmith the oly RRs really give you the best bang for the buck.
View Quote

Who need a smith i have a dremel.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:48:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats OP! Pics or it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

IMI does it right with 30 rounds per box, and to me it's the best M193 available.  Hot, clean, and more consistent than Lake City.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Congrats!

Yes Love the IMI
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Congrats, OP!  That's awesome.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 7:11:44 PM EDT
[#12]
No pictorial evidence, therefore falsehoods.

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 10:09:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:11:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Jelly
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll trade you for a half eaten burrito.

Mind if I ask what the price was on it? It looks like its in pretty good condition.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Mind if I ask what the price was on it? It looks like its in pretty good condition.
View Quote

What kinda meat is in the burrito? I paid too much.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You won't be saying that in a few years.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Congratulations!
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:43:06 PM EDT
[#22]
thats awesome
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 10:35:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Function check?
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 3:59:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Function check?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Function check?

If so, it doth appear to work.

OP needs some work on fine trigger control - 5 to 7 round bursts are for beltfeds, not 30rd mags.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 4:43:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 7:41:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

OP needs some work on fine trigger control - 5 to 7 round bursts are for beltfeds, not 30rd mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Function check?

Lol the range master was kicking us oit so i had too
Shoot fast lol.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 4:10:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice gun. Do you recall when you mailed off forms or went pending? I'm late December on a colt la France conversion and getting anxious. Congrats.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 4:52:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Nice gun. Do you recall when you mailed off forms or went pending? I'm late December on a colt la France conversion and getting anxious. Congrats.
View Quote

I bought it some time in nov. But forms got out late. Like early dec.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

My PAWS has never needed any work. Runs like a sewing machine with any upper.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 10:54:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This olympic likes colt uppers. Runs great nothing i cant fix.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:32:22 PM EDT
[#31]
STop sign SGW..looks like mines...

Mines was converted by NWAC.

I had issues but m60Joe squared it away.

Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top