Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2015 2:23:22 PM EDT
Perhaps I don't have enough coffee on board but I cannot seem to find it. Would someone be so kind as to point me to any type of ATF decision/ruling/edict that says machines guns can have whatever barrel length I choose. I just want something I can print and add to my range binder. As it would turn out my coworkers all like to shoot at an old National Guard range that damn near abuts the current police range. Ducks in a row and all that.

Thanks.
MIke
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Perhaps I don't have enough coffee on board but I cannot seem to find it. Would someone be so kind as to point me to any type of ATF decision/ruling/edict that says machines guns can have whatever barrel length I choose. I just want something I can print and add to my range binder. As it would turn out my coworkers all like to shoot at an old National Guard range that damn near abuts the current police range. Ducks in a row and all that.

Thanks.
MIke
View Quote

It works the other way. You cannot find anything regulating the length of a machine gun barrel.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:54:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Call the local police ahead of time and tell them you will be shooting NFA as a courtesy. I call the local sheriff before I go, never had anyone even care, stop etc. I did get a thank you from them once for telling them.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It works the other way. You cannot find anything regulating the length of a machine gun barrel.
View Quote

That is what I gathered digging through the ATF website and the CFR's. It is not a SBR nor is it "also" an SBR. Why? Because it is a machine gun.

Clearly spelled out would have been handy.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
You're not going to find it.  It's just a given.  Machineguns are exempt.
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top